|PRELUDE|

|THE DAY OUR SREAMS WENT SILENT|

       IF THERE WAS one motto that described Ethan's life now it was that mother nature sucks. It was the year 4081, yet a year prior when the deaths began, one that nobody anticipated.

It hit humanity like wildfire.
After the plethora of devastating natural disasters struck upon earth, humanity and its entire population was isolated to just fifty. The Final Fifty, they call themselves. Just a year before, 14 billion of the whopping 33 billion on earth found refuge in America, but where vulnerable to anything.

The other 19 billion died from disaster.
Barely surviving, the 14 billion faced mass famine and disease.

The infection, known as the Crimson Death, wiped away 10 billion of the 14; the famine half a million. Then Isios
a meteor, plummeted down on the 3.95 billion humans, it electrified the deaths to 1,000 survivors.

Unfortunately for mankind, the terror wasn't finished wit us yet.

207 died to the Tsunami of the Carolinas.

138 died of the wolf attacks.

Of the remaining 655, 489 died to a smaller, but all the same scarier disease called the Gallow Fever, which literally melted the internal organs; trust me, it wasn't a pretty sight, or smell for any matter. The stench still roamed around the streets constantly, and to be honest, it was the most horrid aroma that ever gained access to my nose.

With only 166 of the humans left, and no other sightings or word of horrific events, we finally believed that we'd reached the end of the attacks.

We were wrong.

Just when things seemed like they couldn't get any worse, it did. A huge earthquake took out 32 more, and then our once speculated galactic extraterrestrial invaders decided they'd show up and dine with the humans on our in our most fateful day. Yes, I'm talking about aliens. Way to go scientists! We could've used the heads up! Oh yeah right, their all dead.

To the remaining 134, the aliens seemed less threatening and dominating as we ever thought, and again we were deceived. It came as a surprise. Again.

The aliens picked of the weakest and unskilled survivors, leaving only Fifty. As you can guess I survived and was among them, and it was my most regret that I did.
I wish I could've died with them. Silenced with my own grave.

Though I'm here. Alive, with the Final Fifty.

We are the Final Fifty, and with natural disasters, Savage humans, and avenging aliens on our tails, we must survive to tell the story of our names. To resurrect the Exodus of humanity, and to live to see another day.

Who knows, maybe I'll see the day when humanity is reborn once again, or maybe I won't. It all depends on what I hope in, and how willing I am to stay another day and endure the pain and anger. To withhold the hate inside.
Our number has dropped in a way we never imagined possible. These deaths are unreported, mysterious, and completely under our noses, death by death.

50...49...48...47...and the rest in the depth of my journey.

We are the Last Fifty and we must survive.
Yet somehow, time is running out. The deathly hourglass is dropping it's grains of sand unmercifully. Our quantity is declining rapidly in our doom. Our screams in unison, the deaths reoccurring again. And it will play over and over. Until humanity is cut off from the roots.
Each of us will fall eventually. We can't stop fate.
Our mere existence will be swallowed in our demise.
Our future will be crushed beneath our weak knees.
Our name will be forever washed out, amongst the stars, in one mighty war between humans and prevailed destruction.

Unless we fight back.

This is my story, from the beginning, and possibly to the end.

Ethan Jones
JANUARY 1ST 4081

That was my first chapter!!! I hope you guys enjoyed it and I will be updating extremely soon! Also this chapter was aimed for New Years Day, yes this chapter was made on January 1st 2017
Also the chapter setup looks way more awesome if your on  the white screen reading mode instead of having it on black or light brown for you nighttime/battery saver readers. It only looks cooler because then it looks like the huge titles aren't just images with a white background.