Falling into Darkness

Începe de la început

HE SMILED AT MEEEE!!!!

Adrien POV

When class ended I pulled Marinette aside from the crowd coming out of the room.

"Marinette, are you okay?"

"Yeah... why do you ask?" 

"Last night..." 

"I'm fine Adrien."

"Mari..."

"No really. That party... well... let's focus on the good parts okay?" she said shyly.

"Mm. Okay." I said just as awkwardly.

She blushed and crossed her feet a little in a cute way.

"Hey... uh... Adrien?" she said not looking up from her feet.

"Yes Mari?"

Marinette POV

This was it. The moment Alya and I had been waiting for.

Do it Mari!

I looked at his face. Big mistake, he was too hot. I blushed and looked down.

"Ad..ad..Adrien I was wondering... if..."

He waited politely. Dang it! Why did he have to be so perfect!?

"AdrienIwaswonderingifyouwouldgotothemovieswithme." I blurted out so fast I could barely understand what I was saying. Much less Adrien.

"What?" he said surprised. He probably never heard me say so much ever.

"I... was wondering.. if.. if.." I paused, "you'd go to to movies... with.. me..."

I faltered and looked straight at my shoes.

Adrien POV

Dread filled my chest like ice cold water.

I had to choose.

Ladybug or Marinette?

Marinette or Ladybug?

Marinette POV

Adrien took my hand.

I looked up and was caught in vivid green irises.

"Mari..." his voice was strained.

"I like you. I really do. But..."

Oh no...

"There's someone else... and... I love her."

My heart broke. I felt the pieces jabbing my chest, it was hard to breath.

"That's, okay Adrien. I understand." I couldn't believe I was managing to speak camly.

I forced a smile and Adrien grinned as well.

"Thanks for the offer Marinette. I'm sorry it couldn't work out." 

"It's fine. It's all right with me. Oh! I'm going to be late though. Got to go. Bye!" I walked away and forced myself to look alright. 

I was fine... I could get over this... somehow...

Adrien POV

As she walked away...

I couldn't help but feel...

Like I lost something...

Beautiful...

-------------------------------------------------------

Alya POV

"How could he do this to her!?!?" I practically screamed over the phone.

"Alya, he has to make his own decisions..."

"But downright rebuking her! I can not believe him! Do you know how much she CRIED!?"

Nino went silent, "she cried?"

"SHE BAWLED!!!! BUT ADRIEN DOESN'T CARE. ADRIEN DOESN'T CARE THAT HER HEART IS SHATTERED. SHE'S IN HER ROOM RIGHT NOW! CRYING. I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN MARI SPARE A TEAR CUTTING ONIONS."

"Alya."

"ADRIEN DOESN'T DESERVE HER!"

I hung up the phone and threw it across the room.

I laid back in my bed and gasped for air to recover from that phone call.

I lept up and snatched my phone from the floor. I punched in Marinette's number.

Call Rejected

"Oh Mari... I'm so sorry..." I cried.

--------------------------------------------

Marinette POV

"Marinette, Alya's just trying to help." Tikki explained as I set my phone down.

"I need to be alone right now Tikki." I said softly.

My eyes hurt from the tears and I closed them to prevent light from coming in.

"Marinette..." 

"I'm sorry Tikki. Give me 30 minutes."

Tikki gasped as I took off my earrings.

I opened my eyes to find Tikki was gone. That was good. I needed the time to be alone.

I laid back in the dark. My bed was warm and comfortable and I tensed as a new wave of tears came. 

------------------------------------------

I woke 2 hours later to the familiar sound of tapping on my window.

I groaned, exhaustion taking over my emotions.

"Chat I don't want to talk right now." I said through the window.

"Princess? I need to..."

"NOT NOW CHAT!" I yelled.

The silence outside of my window confirmed to me that Chat wasn't going to argue.

I climbed down from my bed. My ears felt unnaturally cold without my miraculous. But I wasn't ready for company yet. I pushed aside my miraculous that were in their box and pulled my old black set from before. Hooking them on, I noticed they still felt cold. 

I sat down on my chair. Alone in the glimmering moonlight I started to cry again.

My heart was broken, and it was taking my soul with it.

Chat Noir POV

"NOT NOW CHAT!" 

My mouth dropped in shock, and I didn't dare to open the door without her permission. I stood up and fingered my baton, wondering if I should leave or not. So I sat on the edge of the balcony looking in the one window that showed Marinette's room. It was very dark and my night vision kicked in. Tears streamed down her face as she held a small box. Suddenly she slammed it down on her dresser and fell onto her bed, body heaving with sobs.

I felt like an intruder, watching her suffer through her pain. Grudgingly I extended my pole and lept off the building.

I wasn't expecting what came next.

-------------------------------------------

Marinette POV

I laid on my bed, trying to find peace in my scrambled emotions. Or at least a way to stop the pain. I heard a fluttering sound and I sat up to confront Chat for coming into my room. A purple glow made my teary vision dance like water. I gasped as my earring suddenly flared with warmth.

"I am Hawk Moth..."

Ba dum dum. Cliffhanger! Drops the mic.

-Katalyne