Chapter 8: The Condemnation of Heather Riley

After arriving at the hideout, we had handled a few things then Kyle had managed to bother Levi enough to start a chase. I sighed as I dusted my self off, again. We had been chasing Levi and Kyle though the place for almost an hour. Ryder had assured me that it was friendly and that Levi wasn't gonna seriously hurt Kyle.

Alex had decided in the beginning that he wanted to be zero help in the chase of the two, declaring such as he  planted his ass in a chair and hadn't gotten up since. "You could be some help you know" I growled as I rubbed my poor ass. I had dropped on it so many times that I'm scared that I might have just broken it.

"Go team" he said sarcastically waving his hand. A small flag materialized and waved its self about before evaporating again. "Asshole" I muttered as I walked away from him. He scoffed and whispered something rudely under his breath. I disregarded him and keep walking. "Your just mad because your weak" I snapped. Something about his attitude made me edgy. My demons were on edge too, though that wasn't uncommon. He growls and stands up, pushing me. I fall forward and hit my nose, making the world go blurry as I stand slowly. My demons snatch control without hesitation and grab Alex by the throat. They fling him into a wall and he crashed through it as if it were made of paper.

"Shit" I say, spectating powerlessly.

"He should learn manners" hissed one. The others murmur in agreement. We stepped into the room but he was gone. My demons stood puzzled, Alex had simply vanished. I carefully took control back and looked around a bit. The room was pretty empty. A book shelf was in the corner but that was about it.

The floor groaned and creaked terribly. I started back towards the door but the floor groaned and moaned in protest of my weight. I watch in horror as the floor split and fractured. It then began to sink inward. I ran for the door but it seemed to be running from me. I felt myself scream but nothing reached my ears. My demons shouted unhelpfully all at once. My senses went into over load. I felt like there was no air in the room. I screamed again, wanting it to reach my own ears.  

Unexpectantly, a hand grabbed me by my ponytail and yanked my upward just as the floor gave way completely and dropped into the room under it. So there I was hanging by my ponytail almost 40 feet in the air. Pain exploded in my head as I bobbed up and down. I tried not to focus on the immense pain.

Tears fell as I imagined myself down there among the rumble and floor boards. The images  of my broken and mangled body made me cry harder. I balled like a baby as my life depended on the strength of my hair. My demons were silent and my senses seemed to calm down one by one, hearing first, then sight and soon.

I was soon grabbed by my shirt then my arms. I didn't know who it was but I allowed them to pull me to them and rock me as they massaged my tender scalp. The sobs soon queited into soft hiccups and silent tears. I cried until my head pounded and my savior's shirt was soaked with tears. 

I looked up into Levi's big golden eyes. The tears on his face made me cry more. "Are you hurt anywhere?!" he asked after holding me for a while. I shook my head as I buried my self in the crook of his arm. He smiled at me and rubbed my scalp. "I'm sorry about this" he said while still rubbing my scalp. He placed a kiss on the top of my head but didn't speak again.

I chuckled dryly, "Its fine Levi I promise" I said bringing him closer. He laid his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes. I snuggled into him as I waited for my heart rate to slow down. I suddenly felt completely at peace.

"Levi!" there was a pause as the person listened for an answer. "Levi!" Levi straightened up and listened. I could to hear the cries of someone calling him too. Levi scooped me up and walked away from the room. "I'm here" he called back. He looked down at me and stopped walking. "Blue are you sure your okay?" I nodded.