Chapter 3: A Little Fight with Snake Face

I stared at the boy and he stared back at me. Mr. Wolf was saying something neither of us was catching, instead, we just kept staring at each other. His serpentine eyes burning a hole in my soul...not that I had one according to my father.

After what felt like an eternity of staring, he came to his senses. He blinked, slowly I might add and cleared his throat, pulling an army printed coat over his shoulders.

I cocked my head to the side as I studied him. His blink was slow like a reptile's.(Disregard this part bc I found out that snakes don't actually blink because they have a protective scale over their eyes which don't allow them to...but this was my favorite part when I was younger so I'm gonna leave it)

My gran said I was slower than a serpent's blink. When I was little, it would make me laugh. Sometimes I would catch a snake just to see how long it would take to blink, but it never did.

I laughed a little as I remembered my gran. She wasn't scared of nothing, especially the snakes I let loose in the house by accident.

A voice interrupted my train of thought, "Can you move, I have sssomewhere to be and a purpossse unlike you. Ssseems like your only real usssse is wasting my time, which you ssseem really keen on doing, human" he spat somewhat angrily. The exaggerated "s" making my demons hiss in distaste.

I smirked and leaned on the door. My demons pumped me full of a confidence I didn't know I had. He sneered and spoke again this time his voice dripping with anger and literal venom.

" If you value your life human, you move out of my way"

His words melted into the hiss making every word sound ever more spine chilling.

"If you value yours you won't threaten a reaper" spat one of my demons and others hummed in agreement.

" Oh I should move but I'm sooo comfy snake face," I said my smirk turning into a full-on smile. I ignored the death threats my demons advised because I didn't need to make any enemies. Though I'm sure I was doing just that when his face began to twitch, I'm pretty sure he was not used to be to being defied.

" Ohh you ssshould move little one of I'll........"

I cut him off from his death threat, the joke being too easy to let it not be said.

"Or you'll huff and puff and blow me over?" I said raising an eyebrow. My demons tittered and laughed.

Now it was his turn to smile "No I'll lean in like this" he said leaning in, toward my neck his breath fanning me, "And I'll bite the sssshit out of you and let my venom eat you from the insssside out" he said smiling brightly even though it wasn't a nice smile.

"Well played" someone commented from inside my head.

I sighed and defeat and stepped out of the way."Thanksssssss" he said smirking.

Just as he stepped out of the door I stuck my tongue out him like a child. I didn't have anything else so I just stuck my tongue out at him.

He chuckled as he stepped out the door and stuck his right back. It was long and thin, with a large fork and a deep red color.

"See you around, human"

#####