p a r t 4 ; a w a k e

Song: Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum•••••

•••••

I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. I was laying on my couch and Sirius was standing next to me, passionately arguing with someone. I reached for his hand and he whipped around to face me. He knelt down next to me and smiled. "Hey baby" He breathed out softly and kissed my forehead.

"What happened?" I asked and held his hand tightly, sitting up slowly. "I'll explain everything later, you need rest?" He tried to make me lie back down but I sat up anyway. "Are the other girls okay?" I asked as panic flooded my system and I gripped on to the couch. "Where are they? What happened?" I demanded answers and Sirius wrapped his arm around my waist to keep me from falling because I stubbornly refused to sit back down.

"Everyone is fine Mady, they're all at their homes and Emmeline is in Andromeda's old room. No one got hurt, The Order got everyone out in time." Sirius said.

"They attacked the town because they were looking for you-" The man Sirius had been arguing with said but he was interrupted by my apartment door being thrown open. "For the love of god McGregor, stop scaring her with your absolute nonsense." An annoyed voice chirped. It was Professor McGonagall.

"Professor, why would death eaters be looking for me? My family doesn't want me to come back, I know that for sure." I asked in confusion. "It's nothing for either of you to concern yourselves with. You need to rest darling it has been a tiring night, Mr Black please escort Ms VanCourt upstairs while I have a chat with McGregor here." She insisted and I didn't argue with her. I wrapped my arm around Sirius's shoulder and hobbled towards the stairs.

When I reached my room I collapsed on the bed and pulled Sirius down next to me. "What is happening?" I asked in shock and moved Sirius's arms so they were wrapped around me.

"I don't know babe." He mumbled and started stroking my hair. "I went to The Order's headquarters to quit but then the alarm sounded and they told me you were in danger so I rushed to the house." The combination of his hands running through my hair and his steady heartbeat kept me from completely freaking out. "You were going to quit?" I asked, shocked but smiled at him.

"Of course I was going to quit. I love you too much to give you up for a stupid reason." He said and kissed my forehead. I gasped and looked up at him, "you love me?" I asked and stared up at him in shock.

"Of course I do Mady, I've loved you for a long time. Unless you don't love me back because if that's the case then-" I cut him off by grabbing his shirt and pulling him in for a kiss. "I love you too babe." I said and smiled up at him widely. "I've loved you for so long but I didn't think you loved me back so I didn't say anything and-" He laughed and interrupted me. "Just shut up and kiss me." He said and I kissed him again, giggling slightly.

"Your adorableness is going to be the death of me Sirius Black." I said when we broke apart and he laughed, pulling me into a tight hug and kissing my forehead. "Soon we'll be at Hogwarts and we won't have to worry about any of this stuff." He mumbled and I smiled at the thought of going back to school and being with all my friends. "What are you going to do when we graduate?" I asked him and fiddled with his hands. "I hadn't thought about it that much, I always wanted to be an auror but the ministry is sorta falling apart at the moment." He said thoughtfully. "I guess the first thing I'm gonna do is find a house for you and I, and it'll have enough space for the boys too." He said and we both laughed.

"If we're buying a house it has to have enough space for my friends  too." I said and he smiled. "Well according to James, Remus has a thing for Dorcas. We should definitely set them up to save space." I said and he laughed even louder. "That's a good plan." He agreed with me.

"Do you think Mary would ever get together with Peter?" He asked and I laughed loudly. "Well, Mary is a lesbian so I don't think she ever would." I told him and he smiled.

"What about Mary and Emmeline? We could set them up together." He joked and I smirked. "That wouldn't work either babe, Em already has a thing with someone." I said, thinking about what she had told me the previous night. "What? With who?" He asked and ran his hands through my hair. "I'm not aloud to tell you babe." I said and smirked, knowing it would irritate him.

"What? That's not fair I'm your boyfriend."

"She's my cousin and one of my closest friends."

"Fair enough."

I giggled again and snuggled closer into Sirius, trying to get warmer. "I'm gonna take a nap babe." I told him and closed my tired eyes. "Sleep tight babe, I love you." I barely had time to tell him I loved him back before I drifted off into a deep sleep.