p a r t 6 ; t h e p a r t y

•••••

•••••

I looked at myself up and down in the mirror and smoothed out my shirt. "You look amazing Mady. The guys will be all over you tonight." Lily said and the other girls agreed excitedly.

"I can't believe we won against Hufflepuff, they're hard to beat." I said, trying to change the subject. "I hope we don't run in to You-Know-Who tonight." I said and started doing Emmeline's makeup. "There's no way to avoid him Mads." Alice said and Lily nodded her head. "The only thing you can do is be extremely petty and make him regret everything." Lily said.

"Voldemort?" Mary asked.

"Sirius."

"He has nothing to regret it's my fault we broke up. I was a terrible girlfriend really, I wasn't paying attention to him at all." I admitted sadly to myself. "But tonight I'm putting all that aside and we are going to have the time of our lives."

•••••

I downed another shot firewhiskey and loads of people cheered from behind me. I smiled and half walked, half stumbled across the room to where all my friends were. The music was blaring and everyone had a drink in their hands. I sat down next to Lily and she leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Sirius has been staring at you all night, I heard he scared off Ludo Bagman who wanted to hookup with you."

"I don't care about what he thinks." I drunkenly declared. "I am to busy being amazing to worry about any of that bullshit."

Just then, Alice sat down next to me and started talking. "That guy over there has been eyeing you up all night and I think you should go talk to him before you're too drunk to form coherent sentences." She suggested and took away the bottle I was holding. "You should've stopped me three shots ago." I told her and stole the bottle back from her.

"Who's the eye candy that's mentally undressing Mady over there?" Emmeline popped in and I let out a deep sigh. "Don't mention it, you'll encourage her." I said and gave a pointed stare to Alice.

"It would make a certain ex boy toy of yours jealous." Lily joined the conversation.

"I know you guys are worried about me and all of you have a strange desire for me to find a rebound guy but I️ don't want to. I don't want to make Sirius jealous, I'm not angry at him in any way, and I especially don't want to hook up with some random guy." I said with conviction, despite the large quantity of alcohol that was coursing through my bloodstream.

"I came here to have a good time with my best friends and to get blackout drunk." A few people around me cheered at that last statement and raised whatever they were drinking in the air. I walked off and tried to ignore the nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The next few hours were a blur. A complete mess of dancing and drinking and laughing. The music blared across the common room at a deafening volume and by the time the party was over I️ was stumbling and my hearing was shot. I️ managed to get myself up the stairs before pausing to lean against the wall for a moment.

"Can I️ help you get somewhere?" An all too familiar voice called out from behind me.

"Sirius" I breathed and turned around to face him. "What are you doing in the hall to the girls dormitory?"

"I saw you drunkenly stumbling and I️ figured you could use a little help." He said and I️ detected a hint of superiority in his voice.

"Don't get all judgmental, you smell like a brewery. Besides, I thought we were done being each other's shoulder to lean on." I tried to keep the negativity out of my voice but Iewas unsuccessful.

"Neither of us will remember this when we wake up in the morning Mady. I'm going to walk you to your dorm, and I'm going to put you to bed, and neither of us will be any the wiser tomorrow." He said and propped me up on his shoulder.

"Did I do anything embarrassing tonight? Anything aside from getting so drunk I️ can't walk straight." I asked and gave him a pathetic smile.

"You didn't do anything memorable. James accidentally transformed into a stag and was so drunk he couldn't switch back so I don't think anyone will be talking about how many drinks you had." He reassured me as we walked down the hallway.

"We are going to be so hungover tomorrow." I️ slurred and he laughed. We walked the rest of the way in silence and I tried not to look back when I walked inside my dorm alone.

A/N: I know this is short and shitty but I️ couldn't think of anything else. I considered quitting writing this book for awhile but I️ can't even believe all the positive feedback I've been getting and I️ want to try and keep working on this. I'm sorry for being so shitty at updating but I️ want to keep writing. Thank you for being such amazing readers and encouraging me to continue.