Chapter 1

This is the story of the time I fell into the Mirrored Dimension. A couple of days after I saw my hidden twin's bloody corpse dragged from her bathroom through my mirror, I began watching her more closely. I hoped to find a way to keep her from having to die in front of me every day. And it was every day; since I could first remember I have known that the girl in the mirror and I were not the same person. Not exactly, anyway; we were carbon copies of the same person placed on different sides of a barrier. I'd had a conversation with her once on notepads before when my family lived in a house that had mirrored closet doors; her room always looked like mine with very minor differences, and yet one day I came to realize that unlike the situation between myself and my hidden twin, the reset of my family's reflections were just that- reflections.
So a couple of days after watching my reflection's horrifying murder, I developed a theory that perhaps we were two different versions of the same reality, that somehow an interruption across time and space had caused there to be two versions of us. But since we were not naturally-conceived twins, one of us had to be trapped in another dimension in which she was murdered daily to keep me from being targeted by the woman. By that logic, given the fact that the woman was apparently able to come after me in the event that my twin didn't appear, there should be a way for me to cross over as well. I had no idea what would happen if two of us were ever in the same dimension, but I knew that for her I had to try. I had to free her from a fate we both knew she didn't deserve.
I took my closet door off of its rolling track and laid it flat on the carpet, mirror side up. Not knowing what else to do, I took four white candles and used melted wax to stick one to each corner of the metal frame and lit the candles. Then, holding my breath I quickly jumped....
And...
I.....
Fell......
In.......