.ten.

"Gerard!"

No answer.

"Gee!?"

Not in the bathroom.

"Gerard Way!!"

Not outside within earshot.

"Gerard...?"

My heart attack stopped when I saw him lying on the dog bed in Fort Iero. He looked like he was either asleep or just laying there. His hair was spread around him, his head facing the wall of the fort. I knocked on the door and he didn't respond. I creaked it open, him lying on the floor, his breathing slow and steady. I knelt by his side, sitting against the wall. I yanked out a mini heater from under my table and switched it on. He was so cold. I took his hand in mine, him stirring, looking up at me. I warmed his hands with my own.

"What in the world are you doing out here, Gee? I was worried sick..."

"I....I'm s-s-sorr...y." He shivered.

I sighed, "It may be spring, Gerard, but you can't come out here without a heater..."

"S-sorry... F-F-Frankie..." he held onto me, removing one of his hands from mine.

"No apologies, mister." I teased.

He smiled, "I k-k-know..."

I moved the heater to him and he rolled over, resting his head on my lap, and warming his hands on the heater. I yanked the blanket up around him that was resting on him lightly. He thanked me, rubbing his nose to warm it. His cheeks and nose were pretty red, along with his hands, so I knew that he was pretty cold. The warmest it was, was the day I threw him into the river, and it was 60 degrees Fahrenheit out. The nights were usually colder, ranging from 39-50. Last night was pretty cold. He practically held my leg, trying to warm his face on me.

"Honey, are you sick?"

"W-wh-what do you mean?" He asked, his stutter getting better.

"You slept out here with the window open! You must be sick! Did you come out here to look at stars?"

He smiled, "Y-you know me so well..."

I sat him up, trying to get him to stand, but he steadied himself on me, almost knocking me over. The fort wall stopped me, Gerard almost pinning me to the wall. He wasn't exactly pinning me because I had to hold him up, he just leaned all of his weight on me. I became worried.

"Hey, Gerard, are you okay?"

"I feel nauseous." He said quietly into my chest, "Everything's spinning."

"Hey, hey. It's okay. How about I carry you back to the cabin and we get you all settled, yeah?" I petted his head.

"But don't you have to leave? Won't your mom get worried?" He looked up at me.

"I'll call her from the satellite phone in the closet. I'll tell her something came up. We can leave when you feel better, okay? Everything will be fine. You probably just have a 24 hour stomach flu. Let's just hope you don't have anything serious." I picked him up, asking Gerard to open the door since mine were full.

I carried him to the house, surprised by how light he was. I was worried maybe he wasn't eating or drinking, but I remember him telling me at one point that he was just light for his age. He was a small baby turned fat teen turned skinny 20 year old. He was definitely a strange one. I felt his forehead once or twice and he certainly had a fever. I just needed to get him settled.

I set him down gently onto my bed, his burden finally not stressing my shoulders. I tucked him in, him smiling at me the whole time, thanking me when I was finished. I went into the kitchen and got him some cold water and a wash cloth to put on his forehead. I brushed hair away that was sticking to his forehead and placed the cold cloth on. He sighed, thanking me again.