Chapter 14

I packed my bag with clothes for a day  and other things I might need for the trip. Derek was on my bed watching something on my phone.

I had just finished packing when I heard talking going on in Scott's room down the hall. I sniffed the air a little and caught Liam's scent and listened to the conversation.

"They're alive." Liam said. "I mean the chimeras. Some of them...but not all of them."

"I know." Scott said.

"You do?" Liam asked.

"Look, I'm sorry but...I can't talk right now." Scott tried to tell him.

"It was Theo." Liam continued. "He's the one who brought them back...and now they're with him. Like they're his pack."

Scott sighed. "I know." He replied and tried walking to the door.

"Hayden's one of them!" Liam tried.

"She's okay?" Scott asked.

"She's alive." Liam said. "I'm not sure she's totally okay, but...she's definitely alive."

"That's good." Scott said.

Liam's heart rate began to pick up and I could smell the nervousness coming from him.

"Where are you guys going?" Liam asked.

"To get Kira. Her dad told us that her mom took her out to New Mexico, this place called Shiprock. We're trying to figure out a way to help her, but its dangerous. So we're gonna go find her and bring her back." Scott explained.

"I'll come with you." Liam insisted.

"No, no. You can't." Scott told him and started walking away.