Cat's Out of The Bag

Depuis le début

I was awaken from my flashbacks when I felt his skin against mine. I looked to my right and he was right beside me, he sat criss-cross but his arms behind him supporting him up, his left arm against my right. When the thunder boomed, I felt safe because I had Cooper beside me. When he saw me look at our closeness he spoke up, "Are you hungry?" Then we make eye contact and I can see the image of the fire in his eyes, it was mesmerizing. 

"No, are you? I'd be happy to make you something, it'd be the least thing I could do." I say to him and he shakes his head.

"I'm not either, but thank you." He says back. 

"What time is it?" I ask him and then he leans back and I assume he was looking at the clock. 

"Quarter to 10." He says and my eyes widen, that late already?! After he says it, a yawn escapes my lips. 

"I think I'm gonna go to bed.. Um do you have any blankets I can use for the couch?" I ask him as I stand up and motion towards the couch. 

"The blankets are on the bed, but that's where you'll be sleeping." He says and I shake my head and look up at him. 

"Cooper, I couldn't take the bed. And that couch is too small for you!" I say and he shakes his head again at me. 

"No, I'll take the couch." He says. 

"No." I say stubbornly. 

"Your sleeping in the bed and I'm sleeping on the damn couch, okay?" He says and then I decide to finally give up arguing with him. 

"Okay, thank you. But if you feel uncomfortable, just come wake me up and we can switch." I say and then he shakes his head at me and then shoo's me to my room. 

Once I'm in the room, I turn to him and say, "Actually could you get me a glass of water?" he nods and then leaves the doorway. 

I go to the door where it looks at the barn and I see Lance stick out his tongue out their little window and it makes me laugh. Through all of the lightning and clouds, it was a full moon, it was beautiful in this gloominess. As I look down I notice something really embarrassing, I had my shirt on backwards. I groan and then take off my shirt, "I didn't know you had a tattoo." Cooper's voice scares me and then I quickly pull my shirt over my head. 

"You weren't suppose to see that." I say to him as he walks over to me and hands me my glass of water. 

"You saw mine." He smirks and I roll my eyes. 

"Mines a secret." I say to him and he seems to perk up. 

"So I'm the only one who has seen it?" He asks me. 

"Yeah, and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't tell anyone." I say pointedly at him. 

"Why? That's an awesome tattoo, DaKota." He says, making me blush. 

"Thanks, but my family isn't a big fan of tattoos." I say and he scoffs a little, making me raise an eyebrow. 

"Caleb has like three." This shocks me. 

"What?"

"You've never seen them? They're rank!" He says and it makes me roll my eyes. 

"What does your tattoo mean?" I ask him, changing the subject.

"That's a story for another time." He smirks at me playfully. "What does yours mean?"

"That's a story for another time.. Good night Cooper." I say and then I go to the bed, but don't get under the covers yet. 

"Good night DaKota, sweet dreams." He says softly and I nod and then he grabs the door knob and then closes the door, making him disappear. I climbed under the soft covers and then I said a quick thankful prayer and then I closed my eyes, letting myself go to sleep.