Lacus twirled Mikaela around a few times, making Mikaela giggle out of joy. After he was done twirling Mikaela, he swayed and jumped around with Mikaela. Seeing to his every whim. After a few minutes of dancing he sent Yoichi a look, asking if he too would like to dance with Mikaela.

Yoichi smiled and nodded. He opened his arms to welcomed Mikaela in. Lacus twirled Mikaela and into Yoichi's arms. Once there, Yoichi was met with another fit of giggles only for them to be cut off abruptly when the doors of his bedroom were opened wide. Mikaela had flinched in Yoichi's arms and whipped his head in direction of the door with wide eyes.

He turned his head back and rested his head on Yoichi chest with a sigh of relief upon meeting eyes with a maid.

René had paused and turned off Mikaela's phone before walking closer to the maid where he asked, "Are they here yet?"

The maid gave a polite bow, before saying, "At the front doors? No. At the gate? Yes."

René nodded at her, "Thank you, you are dismissed."

She gave another bow and closed the door. As that was done, René walked over to Mikaela, who turned to meet René face to face. Already extending his arms out to let René readjust his kimono. After a few seconds of listening to Rene's adjust Mikaela's kimono, Mikaela peeked over his right shoulder to look at Yoichi.

"Sorry we couldn't dance." He lamented, a small pout on his lips.

Yoichi gave him a reassuring smile, "We can dance whenever you feel like it."

Mikaela smiled, "You can be the first to dance with me next time!" He chirped.

Yoichi nodded and let out a small laugh, "I'll hold you up to that."

Yoichi hated how fast Mikaela could go from being himself to his mother. But there wasn't much Yoichi could do. Mikaela was raised to be like that. But that didn't mean Yoichi had to like it.

After René finished talking to a few maids, he gave them all a small nod and led them to the front doors. Where they would wait, for whoever was sent on behalf of he Vampire Extermination Unit. Once at the main entrance, René, flocked around Mikaela again. Fixing whatever had gotten out of place. Sparing Yoichi's borrowed mourning kimono a glacé. Once done he stood to Mikaela's left, two steps behind him. Lacus did the same, but to Yoichi's right.

Way too soon, the doors where opened to welcome the vampire extermination representatives. Yoichi bit his tongue. And clenched his fists, hiding them inside his kimono sleeves.

Kireto Hiiragi was the first to enter. To his right Shinya Hiiragi. To his left Guren Ichinose. Behind them Aoi Sanguu.

Yoichi clenched his teeth when Guren made eye contact with him. He gave him a small nod, that Guren didn't return. Instead turning his head when Kureto gave Mikaela his greeting, bowing before speaking. "It's a pleasure to once again see you Mikaela-sama." He said, adding on, "My only wish is that we would have met for other reasons than the ones at hand. I am terribly sorry for your loss. "

Mikaela didn't smile, as he said, "The pleasure is mine. It has been a while since your last visit, and as you have said, I too wish it was under different sircumstances. But, I am now the head of the house," Mikaela brought up a sleeve hidden hand up to cover half of his face as he finished the greetings by saying, "It would be proper for you to call me Shindo-sama. I'm afraid, Mikaela-sama died with my father."

Upon hearing that Kureto bowed in apology, "I apologize, I seemed to have forgotten that, after hearing such bad news. Hearing of such a loss, has shaken me off. Please forgive me."