Chapter 9

Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi. (A week earlier)

29 year old Dhruv Mallick was only son of Avinash Mallick, Arnav's Chachu. He was studying in Stanford when Arnav evicted his uncle out of Sheesh Mahal. He just landed in India after 8 years. He saw Arnav, Khushi and kids getting into a car. He was forced to look back at his childhood memories. His face-hardened and his jaws clenched and thought

"Time to settle some old scores Arnav Bhai."

Back in Arnav's Car.

Arnav and Khushi are tired from 16 hours journey from Orlando, Florida. The kids were sleeping on their lap and they were stroking their hair. So they planned to stay in Arnav's farmhouse. They reached farmhouse. Khushi was about carry Arshitha but Arnav stopped her.

"Khushi, Give Princess to me. I will carry her."

"Arnav, you already have Aarav, I will carry her."

"Khushi, I am strong enough to carry my two children. I got it ok. You just relax."

Khushi gave up against her stubborn pati. She was amazed on how Arnav effortlessly carried their two 7-year-old kids and amazed at his strength. She also remembered the place they were in and blushed. It was the same place when they first consummated their marriage. She followed Arnav and he went to the same room where they became one. Khushi helped Arnav to put their kids to bed. Arnav noticed Khushi's pink cheeks and smirked.

"Khushi, why are your cheeks red." Arnav teased.

"You know why. Chalo, leave it. Arnav, why did you strain your self by carrying both of them. I know they are not light."

"Khushi, I missed carrying my two babies at once. I want to fulfill that wish of mine. You they are not getting any lighter and we are not getting any younger. This is the best chance to fulfill my desire."

Khushi got emotional and hugged Arnav. She was cursing their fate that separated them. She not only missed out on her son's life but also all the memories of her and Arnav raising their kids. Arnav soothed her by kissing her hair.

"I will not leave her, Khushi. She dared to play with our life."

"Arnav, I want to know why she did this. What benefit she gets to see her own Grandson suffer?"

"It all comes to Ego and control Khushi. She is very egoist and always tried to control people. I don't how my dadaji lived with that woman. She controlled my mother by encouraging my father to go on Extramarital affairs and then taunted my mother that she couldn't control her husband. So my mother begged her to stop her husband from having affairs. She then controlled her life by pointing it out every time. Gradually my mother became her puppet." Arnav now had tears in his eyes.

"Arnav, why didn't you tell me this before?"

"I got this information recently, when I was doing an investigation regarding her. My investigators talked one my Ma's best friends. She couldn't tell her sorrows to either Nani or Mamaji. She thought that she would reduce dignity of her sasural. When I stopped listening to her and married you, her ego got hurt and she messed with our life. She also tried to poison Aarav's mind with all outdated crap. I kicked her out when I heard that. She is now living in an ashram in peace. I will ....."

"Arnav, lets talk about it later. I want to sleep now. I am really tired."

"Ok, baby. Lets sleep."