"What's wrong Evie?" he asked, questioning the obvious. Did he not see what just happened?

"Why were those bad people here? Why did they try to hurt you?" the innocent child asks. Harry turns to me for help. He isn't very experienced with talking to children, so I helped him.

"Well, Evie, sometimes, people make choices that can affect their lives. These choices can make someone turn, well, into a bad guy. After making bad decisions for years, it really changes the person so much that they can't be good anymore. All the good is gone. And that's what happened to the men that came to your house today. They made too many bad decisions to turn back. And they were upset that Harry is a good person with an amazing family. Did that making any sense?"

"I think so," she says. "Can people turn good again?" I look at Harry. He is staring at his hands, not looking up.

Evie was only curious, she didn't seem to be frighted at all from what happened. Harry's actions hadn't faded her, and hope I stays like that. She sees the good in all people. Watching her hands move up to touch his curls, made both him and I smile. She's fearless just like her brother.

Harry fiddled with the words he needed to tell her. He looked worried that he would say the wrong thing to I thought I'd help him some.

"Yes they can Evie. Everyone makes bad decisions, some more than others. However, some people can learn from their mistakes and can turn good again. Sometimes, they get help to change, and that's okay. It's okay to make mistakes if you learn from them. This can make sure you don't make the same mistakes again. The people that make a lot of bad decisions still manage to turn themselves around, those are very strong people, maybe even some of the strongest people you can meet." I smiled, turning to Harry and taking his free hand. "It shows that they want to change, maybe for themselves, or maybe for someone else. Everyone deserves a second chance, Evie. That person that can make themselves good again could be the most amazing person you've ever met. Sometimes, they receive love from from being good again, and they learn to love that person in return. And if they can change for the better, they can learn to love themselves, too. It takes a lot of work and it's a long journey, but it's all worth it in the end." I finish my speech, even though it was more directed towards Harry, rather than Evie.

"So good people can make bad choices too?"

"Yes they will. Everyone does at one point. It's okay to make them, as long as you can learn from them, and not make that mistake again."

"I get it now. Thank you, Rae, I understand it all now." She climbs off Harry's lap and starts to go up stairs. I turn to Harry, who has a soft expression on his face.

"Did you mean that, everything you said?" he asked quietly.

"I did, Harry. I meant every word I said. We have a journey of our own, and we're still on it. Hell, it could be just the beginning. You have made so much progress since the first day I met you. I'm actually very proud of you."

"No one has ever been proud of me before." My heart aches for him. I wish he saw himself like I saw him. Instead of reassuring him, I climb onto his lap and hug him. It's a sweet, long hug, filled with compassion. I let go and my face is inches away from his.

"I love you, Rae."

"I love you as well," I said with a smile on my face. It was returned, and we stayed there for the rest of the day before falling asleep.

***

I'm going insane. Ever since the incident a week ago, Harry invited me to stay the week with him at his place. My dad reluctantly agreeing. It was great the first two days but now I'm about to pull out my god damn hair.