Chapter 18

Jim and I looked at Emma. She stood in front of us-full in the flesh. We exchanged looks.

"I'm right here guys." Emma spoke, her voice raspy.

"Right sorry." Jim apologized. "So you're alive."

Emma nodded. "Yes." She smiled. "This time it feels permanent."

"I'll call Killian." Jim got up to get his phone.

"Please don't." Emma stopped him. "I don't want to get his hopes up if it doesn't last." She sighed.

"Emma he's your husband. He deserves to know." I told her. "I understand you're worried but if Jim never showed up or didn't tell me, I would be pretty upset."

"What if...what if he moved on?"

"Killian loves you. Hell, he destroyed our living room fighting with Neal for you." I showed her the condition of the living room. "I don't think he's moved on."

"What about Henry or Ava?"

* * *

After Emma's autopsy the doctors never opened the case again, until today. The doctor called Killian. Unfortunately Killian didn't answer because Ava was playing on his phone.

Henry and Ava missed Emma more and more. With Killian, later that day, they went to say 'hi' to Emma. Henry kept things short and to the point but Ava told the headstone stories of everything that happened. Killian told the headstone he loved her and about the restaurant expansion and possible franchising.

Around 8pm, Killian got a call from the hospital again. This time he answered.

"Hello?" He said.

"This is Dr. Anderson. Is Killian Jones around?"

"This is he."

"Mr. Jones, we were going over your wife's reports before court and we found some information that should be discussed with you."

"Um...Okay?"

"At the time of death, sir, we have reason to believe..."

"Well? What is it?"

"Mr. Jones, did you know your wife was pregnant?"