Chapter 1

"How can you see me?" The women asked.

"It's a gift." I told her. "I can see earthbound spirits who have unfinished business with the living. They come to me for help. It seems you have unfinished business. That's why you're still here."

The women nodded. "It's true. I'm Emma by the way."

I smiled. "I know who you are. I'm Melinda."

Before I go any further let me explain.
My name as you know is Melinda Gordon. I just got married to a paramedic named Jim Clancy. My husband and a few others from our old town know of my gift. We moved to Storybrooke, a house on the outskirts of the town. It was a quite, nice town. I planned on opening an antique store where Granny's was.

Emma followed me. "How come you and my my son are the only ones that can see me?"

"Remember when we were younger and played with imaginary friends? It's like that. As a child you can see ghosts but as you get older you stop believing in them and you can't see them anymore. But it's different for me. I could see them as a kid and still can see them." I explained.

"Ohh!" Emma understood. "That makes sense.

People looked at me weirdly.

"Hey lady! Who the hell you talking to?" A teenage boy said.

I ignored him.

Emma laughed. "This must be normal for you huh?"

"Very." I smiled.

"Freak!" The teenage boy said running away.

Emma laughed. "Wow."

I smiled. "Yeah. It's not the first time I was called that. I got used to it."

Emma and I walked around town. We walked into Killian's restaurant. 

"Hi Melinda." Killian waved seeing me.

I waved back. Emma floated over to Killian. 

"I'm here too, baby. Look, I'm here. Try to see me." Emma yelled in Killian's face but got no reaction in return.

"Emma stop. He can't see you." I shook my head. "He can't hear you either."

Killian rose an eyebrow. "Did you just say my wife's name?" 

I nodded. "Yes. She's here with us right now." 

Killian fumed. "What kind of sick joke are you playing? Huh? My wife is dead. She can't be here with us. You should go get checked out. You are messed up. A freak."

Emma was angry. "Stop! I'm right here! She's not a freak. She's telling the truth!" She kept yelling at him but it was no use. Killian couldn't see or hear her. 

I sighed shaking my head. "Sorry. I'll go now." I got my stuff and headed out of the restaurant. 

Emma followed. There was no way she could talk to him without Killian believing me. I was the only one who could get him to talk to his deceased wife. There was no way Killian would agree to it. 

I had time. I had to try. 

___________________

HI! The Sequel has began! I hope you guys are liking this and will continue to read on. Thanks a million for the 3K on the first book. Lets try to beat that with this book. Please like comment and share! 

As always, 

Happy Reading.

nkatt102