"Is that why he hates her so much?" Connor asked Brad, and Brad nodded his head yes. Connor buried his face on his palms in regret.

"What have I done?" Connor said to no one in particular, and Brad just rubbed his back in attempt to comfort him.

"I didn't want to tell you because I promised not to tell anyone else. You know what I mean?" Brad told him, and Connor nodded his head.

"I do, and I apologise for doing the same." Connor told him. "You found out about Tristan's secret, didn't you?"

"Yeah, I did. It's alright, though. Tris and I are still cool." Brad said with a smile, but then his face fell when he saw Connor's sad face.

"James and I stopped talking."

"Wait, what?"

"I was insensitive. I told him that his mum taking Sophie was good."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, it was mine. Anyway, I told him the truth on why I didn't know anything about it at all, but he didn't believe me." Connor told him sadly, and Brad just gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"Look, I'll explain everything to him soon, okay? Don't worry, I don't mind doing this at all. You will both be talking again." Brad told him, but then he felt something in his heart - the same feeling he felt when Tristan was unintentionally hanging out with Connor.

Could this mean that he's jea--

"Thank you, Brad." Connor told him, then they shared a small but meaningful hug. The school bell suddenly rang, and they both went out of the room and ran to their classes.

---

"Tristan?" Brad asked his boyfriend, who was strolling along the corridor with him. They were already dismissed, and he's not going to lie - the day passed by quicker than he thought.

"Yes, B?"

Brad took a deep breath before telling Tristan what he wanted to say. 

"Can we go somewhere private, please? I really need to speak with you."

Tristan nodded his head, then they went to the toilets. They both made sure that it was empty before they started talking..

"Promise me that you'll believe every word I say, okay?"

"Okay."

Brad took a deep breath.

"If I tell you that Kath, your cousin's best friend, didn't die the way her parents told everyone, would you believe me?"

"Well, considering that you and I don't really know her very well, I guess I would."

Brad took a deep breath. "She died because of me."

"What?"

"Two weeks ago, Connor wished for something that made me switch minds with him. We woke up the next day in each other's bodies, then Kath revealed later that she was the one who made us switch minds, and that she had magic powers. Because the magic she used was too powerful, she had to go."

"Wait, so, in a way, I kissed Connor?" Tristan asked his boyfriend, then Brad nodded a yes.

Tristan, the tall human that he is, suddenly fainted. Brad caught his head before it touched the ground, then he shook Tristan awake. Once he was awake, Brad helped him up.

"Wait, did he tell you my secret? You know, before it was no longer a secret?" Tristan asked him once he was standing, then Brad shook his head no.