Chapter 8

(WARNING: slight trigger)

~ TRISTAN ~

He heard everything - including the nonsense they talked about. Little did anyone know, just when he walked out of his and his boyfriend's day out, he followed James and Connor to a place he didn't really know. He hid behind a bush to hide himself from the both of them, and he listened to their conversation. He knew it - Connor was out there to get his boyfriend away from him. This just made him a lot more mad at the boy.

It was lucky that he didn't get spotted by any of the boys when they left. He analysed everything he heard during that conversation - Connor would be in trouble with his parents if they find out that he's gay, he's currently getting really low grades in school, and he has a crush on his boyfriend.

He now knew how to destroy Connor. He will just have to find out a way how.

~ CONNOR ~

...time skip to Wednesday morning...

Connor was tense ever since the day he saw Tristan at the mall. Judging by the tone of Tristan's voice, he knew that he was in deep trouble, and that his little of a reputation could be ruined.

"Something on your mind, Connor?" His Biology teacher called out. He didn't realise that he was staring into space, and that everyone in the room was looking at him. Oh great, he thought to himself, the start of the freak show's about to happen.

"I'm sorry, what was it?" He asked his teacher, then the woman simply shrugged.

"I was asking you if you knew what a Mitochondria is." She said calmly, then Connor decided to stand and speak up.

"The Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell, Professor." Connor calmly replied, then his teacher gave him a nod.

"Very good. You're actually doing so much better, you may be able to pull your grades up." His teacher said, and the whole class started whispering among themselves. Connor sat down on his seat and gained a sudden interest on the black lines of his notebook. When the school bell rang, he was more than relieved to finally get out of the classroom and just be by himself.

He walked all the way to his next class, which was Math. He never really liked Math, even though he was actually good at it. He just basically waited for the bell to ring then he met with James outside his classroom. They walked together to the canteen in silence.

"What's up?" James told him, but he just shrugged his shoulders. "Don't tell me that you're still thinking about the whole Tristan thing." James whispered to his friend.

"That's what I was just thinking! What if he does something unimaginable, like, perhaps, saying my sexuality to my parents?" Connor whined, although he didn't mean it, and he took a big sip of water from his bottle.

"Okay, that's just not gonna happen. Kath and I have our lips sealed. You don't need to worry about a thing." James tried to assure him.

"But what if they heard us--"

"Shhh. You're just going to make things worse. Who knows? Maybe this was his plan - let you be paranoid until you can't handle it anymore."

"James, if my secret's out, I won't be able to sleep at all. You know how much I love sleep!"

"I know. That's why it will never be out." James said with a reassuring smile, and Connor tried his best to smile back.

While they were walking through the school corridors, people were staring at Connor as if he did something bad. He knew that he didn't, but why would they glare at him and act like he did something wrong?