Weekends (SATURDAY part 2)

Allison lead Poseidon as they walked on a road towards her house. It was a little over a block away so they had started a small conversation.     

                “So where’s Dessa?”

                “She’s at home with her dad. For the weekend.” Allison said. “Their going on a fishing trip.”

                “That’s nice.” Poseidon said. “A good way to bond I guess.”

                Allison shrugged. “I guess. My dad’s busy so I’ve never really had time to do anything with him…because you know he’s a ‘hot’” complete with finger quotation marks.

                “He’s almost always in camp.” Poseidon noted “Don’t tell me you haven’t met him.”

                “I have.” Allison said. “He offered to teach me how to drive the Sun Car.”

                “And….”

                “I declined.”

                “Why?” Poseidon said definitely curious. “Everyone wants to try the Sun Chariot. Hermes tried to steal it a couple of times.”

                “Hermes wasn’t able to steal something? That’s new.”

                “Seriously, what happened.”

                “Well it’s not that I’m afraid of a flying car…” Allison drawled. “I was afraid of crashing the thing.”

                “Have you even tried driving before?”

                “Yes.” Allison said “My mom attempted to teach me…well it wasn’t a good experience.”

                “How bad.”

                “Well.” Allison said “If you ever heard of a banshee scream, cuz I haven’t, I would imagine one saying ‘break’ repeatedly beside me. And that would be my mom when she was teaching me how to drive.”

                “Wow.”

                “Alright here we are.” Allison said opening the door after fishing for the spare key by the hedge near the door. “Come on I’ll show you around.”

                The house was not too extravagant, but it wasn’t under the category of simple either. Once the door is opened, the living room could be seen, there was a TV and a couch like any other living room does. The telephone sat on a table beside the couch and stacks of CD’s were put in display around the shelves. The kitchen was in the door way to the right. with a small washroom. They went up the staircase. There was a master’s bedroom and a guest room that were not allowed to be entered.

                “This is my room.” Allison said. “I don’t know if there is some rule with having a boy in a girl’s room. But whatever it might be. Well rules are meant to be broken right?”

                Allison’s room was just like any teen’s room. It had light purple walls and a window showing the street they had just come from. The desk were scattered with pieces of paper with pictures and some with notes. The bed was carelessly made and a guitar sat on the stand beside the bed and a familiar golden harmonica sat on the bedside table.

                “Wow.” Poseidon said unsure what to say.

                “Yeah, I know it’s a mess, but don’t worry, I just need to get some of the movies I got in here then we’re headed downstairs in the living room.