Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Melody's POV

I ran through the forest, until I reached a cliff. I stopped and sat, my legs dangling off the cliff. Everyone came out, but stayed silent. "Melody, why didn't you tell us?" My mom asked. "You knew when I was a kid, but I erased all of your memories of everytime any of you caught me using my powers." "Why?" I started to cry a little. "Why did yo-" "BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY KILLED SMILE, OK?! I GOT MAD AND ACCIDENTALLY SHOT HIM WITH ELECTRICITY AND KILLED HIM!" A bolt of lightning shot out of my hands and hit Uncle Offender in the head, again. ((Today is not his day...)) I ran back through the forest.

I was running, then I bumped into someone. I looked and saw the person was Hoodster! I hugged him and cried, feeling sparks form in my hands. "Mel, what happened?" "W-Well, I accidentally shot my uncle in the head with a lightning bolt. Twice. And my parents and the rest of the house saw my power, I had erased their memory of ever knowing I had powers the night of my 20th birthday." I heard footsteps behind me. I turned and the whole family was there. They gave me a look of fear and disappointment. "I'm sorry. Really sorry. I shouldn't be here, with this family. All of you are amazing, and I don't deserve a family as good as you. I will leave. Goodbye." I kissed Hood's cheek and ran into the forest, hoping no one would find me.