Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Melody's POV

We kept dancing until the song was over. We stayed in that position as the song ended. He leaned in closer, out faces not even an inch apart. "Hoody, what are yo-" I started to whisper, but he cut me off,"I'm doing something I should of done years ago, Melody." He leaned closer and kissed me. I was in shock, I almost went to my reflex and kicked him, but then I remembered, I've been wanting this for 10 years. I kissed back, surprising him, big time.

We pulled away after a few minutes, I looked him in the eyes. I hugged him, and he hugged back. "Hoodster, you know that you were the only person to ask me to prom." "I thought you said that you had a lot of friends?" "Well, I lied. You are my only friend. I didn't tell you because I knew there was a large possiblity that you would tell. I'm sorry." He kissed my forehead. "I can't stay mad at my best friend." We both ran to the fence and jumped over it.

We ran back to the house, hand in hand. I knew my dad was home, but I didn't care. Everyone was sitting in the kitchen when we walked in. They all looked at us weirdly, all except my mom. She just smiled. The good part was, Dad wasn't there. I layed my head on his shoulder. "Looks like Hoodster got his girl!" Jeff said, laughing. I yawned. "Well, I'm pooped out! I'ma call it a night! G'night everyone." I yelled as I walked up the stairs.

I got ready for bed and turned out my light, falling into a dreamless sleep.