Chapter 24: Whoops

Chapter 24

"How do you ever leave here?" I asked with a sigh, my attention focused out of the large window in Daniel's room.

"I mean I do need to eat and-"

"No I'm serious." I sighed, stretching out my legs. "This is beautiful."

It was six in the morning and the sky was a beautiful mixture of colors. I was laying on my stomach across his bed, watching the sunrise through his window.

We'd been back from New York for three weeks now and had spent every possible moment with each other.

Daniel scooted over to me, draping a blanket over me.

"Thanks." I whispered, snuggling underneath the soft material to warm myself up. "Your air conditioning is way too much."

"Anything is freezing compared to Casey's house." Daniel laughed, leaning over to kiss my cheek.

I sighed, resting my head against his shoulder.

"I never realized how beautiful rural areas could be." I admitted. "This is gorgeous."

"You're one to talk." Daniel laughed.

"Oh shush." I whispered, rubbing my foot against his.

Daniel let out a sigh, rolling out of the bed.

"Where on earth are you going?" I raised my eyebrows, not wanting to leave the warmth and comfort of the bed.

"I've got work to do, Jordyn." Daniel pouted, his eyes scanning my body. "I paid Wallace to deal with everything while I was gone but it's morning, I've got chores."

"No..." I whined, pouting my bottom lip. "Don't leave me."

"It's killing me, trust me." Daniel sighed, leaning against the bed as I rolled onto my back.

"So stay." I smirked, pushing the duvet aside. It was freezing cold in the air conditioning but the look on Daniel's face was priceless, spreading a warmth in my stomach.

"I mean I've got like... Ten minutes to kill." Daniel said instantly, climbing onto the bed.

"Of course you do." I laughed, pulling him towards me as I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Shit." Daniel laughed, leaning forwards to kiss me.

"But after this, you're getting this cute ass up and helping me with my chores." Daniel made me promise, his lips inches away from mine.

"Depends what they are." I whispered, my eyes meeting his.

"We have to spread hay, milk the cows, check the fence for-"

"Okay stop talking you're ruining the mood." I giggled, pushing my hips against his. "I'll help, just kiss me."

~*~*~

I rested my feet up on the dashboard, a smile crossing my face.

Daniel reached over, sliding his hand into mind and resting it on my lap. "You look absolutely beautiful right now." Daniel said softly, briefly glancing at me before turning his eyes back to the deserted road.

I grimaced but gave his hand a squeeze.

"I've never ever left a house looking like this before." I admitted with a laugh, my cheeks turning slightly pink.

My face was completely bare from makeup, not even moisturizer. My hair was pulled back into a loose french braid with pieces flying out from the hard work this morning. I was still wearing Daniel's flannel and my jean shorts that were stained and had a rip on the right side.