Chapter 21: Welcome To My Life

Chapter 21

"You've shown me to your world, Daniel Aubrey, now welcome to mine." I said happily as we got off of the private jet onto the landing strip.

"I'm still in awe of the private jet, to be honest." Daniel laughed, taking my hand in his.

"Miss Montgomery, Mr. Aubrey." A familiar voice said as we approached the car.

"Robert!" I gasped in shock, dropping Daniel's hand as I rushed towards the driver.

"Hello, Miss Montgomery." Robert laughed, allowing me to give him a hug.

"Oh my goodness I missed you. But hey! I actually learned to drive!" I said happily, stepping back from him.

"Uh, learned is a loose term." Daniel gave me a look.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, waving him off as Robert opened the door.

I got in, closely followed by Daniel who muttered a thank you.

"You have your own driver?" Daniel whispered to me as the door shut.

"Well duh." I scoffed, pulling out my phone. "Oh thank goodness, internet connection." I whispered.

"Hey." Daniel gave me a look, taking the phone from my hands. "You know that you're still supposedly under your dad's rules. And come on, we're supposed to be spending this weekend together."

"You're right." I sighed, leaning forwards to give him a kiss. "I'm sorry."

"Now, tell me about your brothers again. I'm going to meet them anyways."

"Well not yet, actually. We're staying in the apartment tonight and they're staying at the house. We'll see them tomorrow before the charity ball." I told Daniel.

"Well we still need something to pass the time during the drive." Daniel laughed.

"Alright alright." I nodded, pulling my legs up next to me on the seat before starting to talk.

By the time we got to the apartment I'd talked more about my brothers than I ever had.

"That's the longest I've heard you go without talking about yourself." Daniel teased as we got out of the car.

I rolled my eyes, taking his hand in mine as we walked towards the front doors of the apartment building.

"But the bags-"

"Robert will get them." I replied, pulling him along behind me. "Don't dawdle, it's annoying."

Daniel gave me an odd look as we walked inside.

"You've become a different person." Daniel whispered.

"Ms. Montgomery." The doorman gave me a nod.

"Hey Alvin." I smiled, giving him a wave. "I have not." I whispered to Daniel with a frown.

"Have to." Daniel nodded with a laugh.

"Whatever." I muttered, punching the up button on the elevator.

Daniel was in complete shock as we walked into the pent house and I let him have his little moment of awe.

"Yeah okay I know it's great." I rolled my eyes, walking over to the desk top computer on the desk in the corner.

"You live here?" Daniel asked in shock.

"Yeah." I replied, logging into the computer.

"Holy shit. I knew that you were rich but I didn't realize this rich." Daniel mumbled, looking around the living room in shock. "And the view is... Wow..."