Chapter Two: The Plan

I was in the back of a stage that stood before a crowd of people. I breathed in sharply, letting out a long breath of uneasiness. I wished Pitch was here to comfort me. He knew I didn't always like crowds or public speaking. I closed my eyes for a second to compose myself, picturing what it'd be like if my demon was here.

"Hey, Hero, you can do this! All these people are here to listen to you because they trust you and believe in you. Just like me~!"

When Pitch agreed to work for Vivian so long as she didn't hurt me, I was teleported away into a room for confinement. But the next time I woke up, I was outside, somewhere less than a mile away from Vivian's fortress. So I ran away, and managed to find my friends again, as well as Seto. Of course...Pitch had to stay behind. That's why he wasn't by my side anymore.

I opened my eyes again, and smiled as I whispered, "I miss you, Pitch. This is for you...you and Ender." 

With that, I became more confident as I pushed aside the curtain and walked onto the stage to greet the resistance I'd raised since Vivian came to power. A crowd of humans, mobs, and hybrids alike (and also a few things that didn't fall into any of those thee categories) all cheered when they saw my face. 

I smiled and raised a hand in both greeting and a request for quiet. It only took a moment for it to settle. 

I shouted out to everyone, "greetings, my White-Eyed Warriors!" Their roars were my reply. I continued, "in two days, we will lay siege on a faction of the Dark Queen's territory!" 

Another cry of approval erupted from them all. 

"Today and tomorrow, we prepare to restore Minecraftia's lands, one by one!" 

Applause continued flooding my ears. I was just thankful they were all behind me.

"The smallest camps on the outskirts are our first targets! For this to work, we will divide our troops and surround the camps, using blockades and forcing their surrender. Each one of you individuals will be led by one of the following:Seto!" 

The hushed crowd turned to face a figure in a black cloak with glowing orange swirls. He gazed up and raised a hand, smiling slowly.

I continued listing the other names, "myself, HerobrineThe2nd," I then motioned in the direction opposite Seto, "Corey and Nexus!" One of my best friends and his demon stood side-by-side, Corey wearing a confident grin and Nexus sheepishly smiling.

"And lastly, Prince Aaron!" With the mention of his name, whispers of confusion rose up from the crowd and people glanced in all different directions, looking for the blaze. 

"Where is he, now...?" I quietly asked myself. 

However, I was answered with a familiar voice calling, "hey, Hero! I'm up here!" I looked up with a smirk to see the Prince waving from atop one of our scout towers made from the rather tall trees in the area. 

Once everyone else saw him, the crowd cheered once again. I looked back to the sea of people I was to lead. 

"That is all for now, you all know whom you are to follow. Until then..." They all grew quiet again, waiting for me to say my official good-bye. 

I obliged them by saying, "Stay Strong, my White-Eyed Warriors!"

With that, the camp broke up again and people resumed their work. I waited where I still stood, watching Aaron gracefully slide down the tree with ease. 

I elbowed him somewhat teasingly, "hey, part of the job description is you need to show up."

He rolled his eyes at me, but he was still smiling. "Yeah, yeah. That's no way to speak to royalty, y'know."

I chirped back, "and neither is that, my good sir. Last time I checked, I'm still a princess, even though I dislike the title." 

"Hah, yeah, you're right." After a small pause, he admitted,"I dunno why, but I think it's your personality makes it feel differently than that, I guess."

Now, I think I should mention this-to some, this might look like flirting-but it certainly isn't.

I knew Aaron liked Ender. Or, more rather, still does. Nobody seems to really understand what I mean when I say Ender isn't dead, or at least not fully, so I don't try to explain it. 

"Anyway," Aaron said, "I've found a refugee. Crystal, c'mere."

I poked my head over Aaron's shoulder to see a girl about my age. She wore a grey hoodie, black jeans, and plain white sneakers. 

Her hair was kinda similar to mine, actually: short and dark blue. Ah, now that I look at it, she has blue eyes, too. But she still didn't have pitch-black skin like mine, nor did she have the one streak of light blue in her hair. Plus, my hair was a messier style.

"Nice to meet ya!" I gave her a smile, "name's HerobrineThe2nd, but feel free to call me Hero!" 

I offered Crystal my hand, and she slowly shook it, but not after giving me a look that said, "you seem almost too friendly to actually be legitimate." 

The blaze seemed to notice, too, and mentioned, "she may be the one in charge, but don't feel intimidated; nobody can really dislike Hero, especially after getting to know her." 

Crystal finally gave me a smile, and my eyes thanked Aaron. 

"Hey, um, there's something I wanted to ask you... Actually, a lot of things, Hero," she quietly spoke.

"Sure thing, I'll answer everything I can!" I cheerfully complied. 

"Well, I, um... I found this journal, I wanted to ask you what it all means."

She took out a small journal, and taking one glance at it, I snatched it right from her. 

"Ah, s-sorry, I got a little excited," I apologized and explained, "it... It feels like Ender."

At the mention of her name, Aaron's eyebrows practically shot up and off of his head. 

I opened it, reading over the lines. A bittersweet smile slowly snuck its way across my face as I read, and I quietly sniffled once, then tucked the book away.

"I can hold onto this, right?" I checked with Crystal. She seemed to not understand why I wanted it, so I explained, "it belongs to my sister, who's currently... How should I say it, missing in action, in a way?"

"Oh, yeah, sure," she shrugged. "But I want to know a few things...Who was this Ender? Who is Vivian, or whatever Her name is? What's a White Sibling?"

With a patient smile, I said, "I'll answer all of this, come with me, we can talk in Seto's tent. Aaron, can you come with us? I'd like to also get Seto, Corey and Nexus with us, too."

-----

What is this?! A new chapter already?! Don't worry!! This is only one of many (hopefully) New Year gifts!! Both Hero and I are really excited to do this!!!