Well no, I mean yes—I mean…agh, I do but I have private thoughts that I don't want other people knowing. And, obviously, you're not a normal wolf, because you know English.

Eh, smart girl. I blinked at his compliment.

Are you being sarcastic? I asked in a low whisper.

What? Naw, of course not. You're very smart. Not a lot of humans would come to that conclusion. Most would just think they're crazy.

I am defiantly not like other humans.

Mhm… if you know I'm not a normal wolf… then what do you think I am?

I don't know… that's when I start to think I am just a bit crazy.

He laughed and I realized it was one of the most beautiful sounds I had ever heard. So I'm guessin' you didn't forget me?

I tried, I promise. Last night I began to think it was just a dream, but you ruined it this morning.

Oh, dang… But, seriously, it really would be better if you forgot about me and my pack.

I can't forget now, with you talking to me in my thoughts!

Right. Sorry. I'll get to class… have a nice day, Danny. Try to maybe block me from your thoughts—for practice.

It's what I do best. I sighed and put my bag down on the floor. I imagined a wall going up around me to shield my wolf from my thoughts. Hopefully, it would work. I glanced up as the room went silent. I can honestly say my mouth dropped open. Those brilliant brighter-than-the-sky blue eyes stared back at me, but from a teenage boy. Oh, no, the new kid... I thought. His chestnut hair was short, and had a little flip in the front. He was gorgeous, with his broad shoulders and strong arms; arms that I could imagine falling into. Ah, what was I thinking? I couldn't talk to him. I couldn't handle people touching me. There were two problems with him; one, he was surrounded by girls, including my sister. Two, he was frowning at me, almost scowling.

"Girls," I heard a new, deep voice say. I looked down at the table, almost blushing. I pulled out a piece of paper and started on a new story I had been thinking about ever since I had met my wolf.

The huge black wolf crouched down, his beautiful blue eyes locked on his pray. A white rabbit nibbled on its last meal, its ears twitching, awaiting a sound that never came. His muscles clenched before springing onto the hare, sinking his teeth into its neck—

"Hello," the same, deep voice interrupted me. I froze and glanced up to see those blue eyes staring at me as he sat down. I gulped, staring at him too.

"Mr. Miller," the teacher said, coming up to us. He glanced at me before returning his gaze to the boy next to me.

"Joshua," he corrected, "My name is Joshua." He said, glancing up at me. I realized he had a slight southern accent mixing in with his voice.

He nodded, putting his hands on the table and leaning forward. "Well, Joshua, this is Danny. She doesn't speak much, and she's terribly shy, so you probably won't get a word out of her. Try all you like, but she only nods or shakes her head. But of course no one knows why." He shrugged.

Joshua nodded and gazed at me. "I wonder why." He said, but Mr. Louis had already left.

"I prefer to be called Josh; it's what all my family calls me." He said, smiling.

I nodded, giving him a small, shy smile.

"And you like bein' called Danny? Is that your real name?" he asked.