Chapter Four - Locked Away

Începe de la început

My mate eyed Lucien with a stare that would have had me running, Lucien stood his ground. 

Lucien was to distracted to feel someone come up behind him, and put a blade on the back of his neck. "Drop her," were that persons only words. I turned and looked and I was surprised to see Elain's dance partner, Shane.

Lucien dropped his hands and shoved me, causing me to trip and cut my knees and hands on someone's shattered wine glass. 

I got up with blood all over me. Rhys took one look at my knees and hands and took a running leap at Lucien. 

With Rhys distracted with Lucien, Azriel & Cassian looking for Tamlin, Amren & Mor getting supplies to clean me hands and knees and Shane, Elain and Nesta observing I had nothing to do but sit and wait. 

It was one of my last mistakes because no one, including me, saw Tamlin in the form of a Night Court healer coming slowly towards me.

-----Morrigan-----

Amren and I were running to find supplies to clean up Feyre. Of course that dick had to come in the middle of the Masquerade Ball! 

Like seriously, perfect goddamn timing Tamlin!

The party was just starting!

Couldn't he of just shown up tomorrow or something? Gods I hate him.

-----Cassian-----

Azriel and myself were scanning the crowd but couldn't see that moron anywhere. Mor and Amren had run off to get something for Feyre's bloodied up hands and knees. Rhys was kicking Lucien's ass. But we couldn't see Tamlin, anywhere. 

He wouldn't of just left. Would he? 

I mean he obviously came to take Feyre back to the Spring Court. Like if I were the one trying to capture her I wouldn't just leave with out my victim!

Maybe he is stupid. Or maybe he is just more of a coward.

-----Nesta-----

I watched Feyre, my sister, bleeding on the floor. 

That prick, who thinks he is MY little sister's mate, was getting a good beating from my other sister's mate, Rhysand. 

Azriel and Cassian were scanning the crowd looking for the High Lord who was trying to take Feyre from me. Again. 

I didn't know what to do and I could tell Elain was thinking the same thing. 

Should I go to Feyre, bleeding and frozen on the floor?

Rhysand, brawling with Lucien. 

Or Cassian, scanning and calculating our odds? 

I chose to go to Feyre. To go to my sister.

-----Elain-----

I followed Nesta as she jogged over to our sister, Feyre. 

She looked so much older than 20 years old. She looked like a Queen. 

In all of those years of feeding, protecting and taking over as head of the house she became stronger. 

She was only eleven years old. 

Every time I think about it I feel guilty. I wish I could go back in time and change the way Nesta and I acted. We shouldn't of let her go out into the woods all alone, so close to the wall that separated us from their-our-kind.