Chats

I was visiting Sirius for the second time in a week. He said there was something he urgently needed to tell me and I was going to need to help. I was unsure of what he needed and whether I could get away with trying to help.

Harry was the only one talking to me and mostly found himself in the company of Ron whom as of the moment was furious with me. Hermione wasn't talking to anyone and still counted me as a traitor for looking at Ron's perspective. Sirius seemed to be the only person I could confide in for a serious (no pun intended) conversation.

I had been delivering him food for the past two weeks to keep him healthy. He was forever grateful for that.

"Lyla, where are you going" Harry asked as I kept the food hidden beneath the invisibility cloak.

"I'm just going for a stroll, i'm having trouble sleeping" I said lying to him. He looked me dead in the eyes and I saw a look of sorrow in them.

"What if Sirius gets to you, what if he murders you, i'm scared Lyl's" Harry said with a pleading look.

"Listen Harry, I know it's dangerous but i'm not going anywhere but the school, I promise I won't exit the school at all" I said stepping backwards. Harry sighed and walked up to his room. I ran for it straight down and from the school. I hated lying to my brother but it was for his safety he didn't know what I was doing.

"Padfoot" I called once I was in the building that was named the shrieking shack.

"I'm here Lyls" A voice called from behind me. I jumped violently whipping round to face Sirius.

"Don't scare me like that Uncle Sirius" I said pouting. He ruffled my hair and I gave him the food.

"Harrys onto me, he's seriously scared you're on a rampage and you're going to murder him in his sleep" I said rolling my eyes. Sirius chuckled lightly.

"Well, I might give that impression, especially breaking into the common room, but that's what I need to tell you, Pettigrew is in the common room, disguised as a rat, some redheads pet" Sirius said growling.

"Scabbers" I said gasping.

"Sorry, who" Sirius asked turning his head to face me.

"My friend, well not really right now, he's a redhead, his name is Ron Weasley and he has a pet rat with a missing toe, it's name's scabbers and i've heard it's been in his family for twelve years" I said, my eyes widening with surprise.

"That damn rat, listen Lyla, that rat is the reason your parents are dead, he needs to die" Sirius pleaded.

"I'll do my best" I said with a smirk.

---

My best proved to be terrible. Hermione and Ron were back on talking terms and because of the cat Ron kept a close eye on Scabbers. No chances appeared to capture and kill the rat.

There was one problem with the relationship though. I was not resolved in it. Apparently Harry had seen me running through the fields of Hogwarts even though I said I would stay in the building and to say he was furious was an understatement. He was mental with fury resulting in the three friends sending daggers my way each second I was caught staring at them.

That's why I now hung out with Dean, Seamus and Neville who were happy enough to invite me as a part of their group. It was proving to be a lot of fun hanging out with them even though I still had a gap in my heart that belonged to Harry, Ron and Hermione.

To make matters worse the next Hogsmeade trip was today and everyone but Harry was going. I was bound to get another lecture from him so I was planning on staying in my dorm. Alone.

But the time came for everyone to leave and I couldn't find a trace of Harry. I decided to walk through the halls as I didn't think Harry was anywhere. Unless we were missing each other in our journeys through Hogwarts.

"Ah, miss Potter, why would you be wandering through the halls" A voice sounded from the behind me and I flipped around. Professor Lupin was standing behind me looking from the DADA room.

"Meh, i'm just contemplating life" I said shrugging to myself.

"Why don't you come in, I was wondering if I could have a chat with you" Professor Lupin said. I nodded shrugging again and walked into the class sitting down without a care in the world. I couldn't be bothered to do anything productive today. I was in a bored mood.

"Just like your father, you know that right, I see many similarities from your father and many from your mother to" He said sitting down before me.

"You knew them right" I said asked.

"Yeah, I did, we were friends at school, more your father, I only became good friends with your mother in fifth year, we were both prefects" He said nodding.

"and then Dad became head boy, for God knows why" I said smiling.

"Who told you that" Professor Lupin asked curiously.

"Oh, Dad told me, I take it you weren't informed of what happened last year than" I said raising my eyebrows.

"All I know about last year was that the Hufflepuff Lockhart became teacher and a monster was unleashed in the school" Professor Lupin said. I could hear the intrigue in his voice.

"Oh, well, the monster was being controlled by Tom Riddle, the guy my Boggart turned into, and Tom had two people possessed to do his work, one girl now in second year, Ginny Weasley and myself, I told harry Voldemort was behind the work and Tom released the monster on me, and it killed me, I found out that I can travel between worlds, so for the rest of the year I lived as a ghost in the day and with my parents at night, they told me heaps of stories, but than the monster died and I was able to reuse my body" I said with a small smile.

"Must have been an eventful year than" Professor Lupin said.

"Sure was, i've never been more grateful to be able to eat in my life" I said with a smirk.

"Not many people take their lives for granted, it's a shame really, I was going to recommend you not to wander the halls alone, I know you probably hate everyone who says this but Sirius Black is a dangerous man, I take it you know he was my friend in school and he is really good at being sneaky" Professor Lupin said.

"People state how dangerous he is a lot, i'm not really that fazed by it though, theres something off about the situation" I said hiding the fact that I knew the complete truth and that I was slightly angry he could turn on his friend.

"Just know that he has ways around" Professor Lupin said with a dark look.

"Sure thing thing sir"

Remus P.O.V

There was something off when I mentioned Black. Lyla seemed to have no problem with him at all and seemed less than fazed when I said he could kill her. I could even see a hint of anger flare in her eyes like it did when James tried to hide anger.

"Just know that he has ways around" I stated.

"Sure thing thing sir" She said fidgeting slightly.

"Thank you for the chat, your friends should be back soon, I must leave" I said. She stood up and walked from the room with a skip to her step you would find in Lilys.

"Good luck"