Dreams

Andy's POV

"Andy, Andy, wake up! It's just a bad dream baby". I felt Rhian's gentle skin stroke my arm as she ran her fingers down. She pulled her slim body over top of mine, stroked my face and rested hers next to mine. A bad dream. A bad dream. 

Sat on the sofa, the Television is on but nothing is playing, there was a sound in the atmosphere but nothing I could make out. Rhian had her tattooed legs thrown over mine and her head resting in the dint of my neck. Something wasn't right, but I couldn't put my finger on what. My phone didn't make a noise but somehow I could tell I had a text come through. It was from Jinxx:

Hey man, did you hear? We've won an award! How sweet is that?! It's bigger than any award than any we've got, it'll boost our fan base by millions.

I read the message and didn't even think about what award it would be, this was epic!

"I have some more good news for you sweetie, I'm pregnant" Rhian whispered. I'm going to be a Dad? I'm going to be a Dad!

I wrapped my arms around her fragile body and squeezed as tightly as I could! My arms crossing over, holding her so tightly. 
"Andy, you're hurting me! Andy!" The words repeating in my head on a loop yet I couldn't let go, I couldn't let her go until it was too late. I felt her spine snap and her body lay dangling in my arms. The whole world had gone dark and all I could see was her lifeless body. NO!

Then I awoke.
I opened my eyes to the dingy wooden room I was tied up in. Leather straps tightly held my wrists and ankles, my leg hurt like it had been stabbed, bent in all the wrong places. I could see a silhouette figure standing in the door way, holding a crowbar in his hands.
James. Rhian's ex. Why do all the hot girls have psychotic ex boyfriends?

"Hello mr Biersack?" He grinned, his blonde hair shaping his face in a horrific way.
"Erm, hey. How long have I been out?"
"A couple of hours. Once I finally found you downstairs with no sign of Rhian I had to break your leg as a punishment. I hit you over the head and you've been unconscious ever since."
"Good to know. Now what?" Probably a bad idea, but I wasn't going to coward away from him.
"Now? Oh now Andy, we have some fun. Like a competition. Question one: where did Rhian go?"
He demanded. I could be honest and he wouldn't believe me here, but I genuinely didn't know.
"How should I know? You took us to the middle of nowhere, I haven't a clue where we are so I haven't a clue where she could be." It was the truth but he didn't seem convinced. He swung the crowbar and hit me hard in my good leg. I bit my lip hard trying not to flinch.
"Not good enough. Question 2: How long have you been with Rhian?"
"7 months now" I responded bitterly. He brought his weapon down on my good leg again, so much harder, I felt it pierce the skin. I couldn't stop myself for wincing this time.
"I was with her for 2 years and you think you can marry her after 7 months? Tell me, Whats her favourite flowers?" 
This struck me, I hadn't gotten a clue. She'd never mentioned it.
"She never said."
"Wrong answer" he smiled.
"But that wasn't even an..." I didn't get to finish my sentence before he lifted a hammer from the tool box on the table and smashed it so hard against my leg. I was pretty confident that the bone shattered from the intense pain I had throbbing through me.
"I'll give you a second chance, whats her favourite flower?"
I had to guess here, I had no other option.
"Daisies?" I hoped. His smile widened to so much I though his face would rip. 
"Wrong again." He swung the hammer into my stomach and the pain was indescribable. I felt vomit rising up my throat as he took a second hit to my belly. 
"YOU DON'T KNOW HER AT ALL, DO YOU? HUH?!"
Maybe he was right. Maybe I don't know this girl. The girl of my dreams who I felt so in love with, but I didn't really know a think about her.
"Final Question. Tell me, what's her biggest secret?" 
Fuck. I hadn't gotten a clue. She had told me so many but none that stood out way more than all the others. I had assumed it would be her Dad killing her mum and her best friends but that's happened recently, he wouldn't know about that. Her Dad. Her Dad abused her as a child. That could be it.
But what if she was more secretive with him than me, what if he doesn't even know that? Or what if she's more secretive with me and I genuinely do not know her biggest secret.
"Time's running out Andrew. Come on, this one stands out among all others. You want to know why?" 
I stared him dead in the eye. I had not got the faintest idea who this girl was.
"Because she would never tell anyone who she wasn't completely in love with, someone she trusts more than anyone in the world. She would only tell me." The words stunk like needles in my chest. 
"Well why would she fully trust anyone after you?" I screamed at him, blood splattering over his face as I did. 

Didn't realise my mouth was bleeding.

He laughed. Not  a psychotic laugh like he did before but just a real laugh. A sane laugh almost.
"Andrew, I will always be her true love. Don't you realise? I hurt her and you gave her attention. The lead singer of her favourite band. Of course she would take comfort in you."
He could be right. I did meet her at a low point, she had attempted to kill herself when I first found her.

Maybe Rhian doesn't love me. And maybe I don't really know her well enough to truly love her.