Roselyn

Take a moment to refresh your memory annnnnnnnnd, BAMM, this chapter awaits you!

~

April was now six months pregnant and her stomach had well protruded past her frame. Once petite and thin, she had now acquired a healthy amount of womanly curve and was looking more and more like an hourglass everyday. Although her shape became increasingly peculiar to her, Abel seemed to love her feminine shape with a passion. He never failed to give her extra hugs, tugs and squeezes whenever he could.

April was now doing much better and could get out of bed for a few hours at a time. To fill her days she would mostly read, journal, take walks, spend time with her neighbors, keep her husband company, and cook.

She stood in the kitchen with her apron tied around her waste. She was elbow deep in a new recipe she'd gotten from her neighbor when she came to a sudden stop. They were missing a crucial ingredient.

"Abel," she called, walking around to his study. "Abel dear could you-Oh"

He had snuck up behind her and playfully squeezed her behind. "Abel," she laughed and turned to lean into him.

"You should've seen how high you jumped," he said, bursting into a torrent of laughter.

April made a face before rolling her eyes. "One more scare like that and I'll be sure to have this baby right here on the kitchen floor."

Abel's face contorted into one of fright. "Wait," he said. "You don't mean...? That couldn't happen...right? If I accidentally were to..."

"No, my dear I was joking," April smiled, pleased with her antics.

"Right, well, what did you need me for, my dear?" He asked.

"Would you please run to the market for some eggs? I gave everyone the day off and I need them for a recipe that I'm working on," she said.

"Say no more," Abel said. "I will be back before you can say blueberry pie!" And with that, he was out of the door.

April smiled and shook her head, "Blueberry pie, my love."

~

Abel all but skipped past the vendors as he made his way to the proper one.

"A dozen eggs please, my good sir." He said to the produce man.

"Of course, sir. There you are, sir."

Abel paid and was turning to leave when something caught his eye. A vendor was selling bouquets of many-colored flowers. Abel made his way over.

He grew lost in the many reds, yellows, and pinks, unsure of what color April would like best. His eyes finally landed on a group of purple primroses. "Perfect," he said. He reached to pick them up when he heard,

"Hello, Abel."

Confused by the voice, he turned. And there she was. Roselyn. Right before his very eyes.

"R-roselyn," he heard his container of eggs fall to the ground. She watched as he rushed to pick them up; he was very grateful that their carful wrappings had protected them from damage.

"Still clumsy as ever, I see," she said, placing her hand onto his chest.

"I-I was never...what are you doing here?" He asked, backing away from her touch. "How did you find me?"

"Heard it from an old friend."

"Why did you come?"

"I need to talk with you, Abel. Things haven't been well with me lately and I don't have anyone to confide in. So I came to you."

He gripped the bundle of eggs tighter and aimed his eyes away. Every time he looked at her his mind was filled with vulnerable images and painful memories. His heart felt shame and hurt and longing all at once. He couldn't help that she made him feel this way and she always had. His eyes turned a shade of red and he found it harder and harder to breath.

She caressed his face lightly, winning his focus again. His cheeks were taking on more red and she smiled. "It's okay, Abel," she said. "This is hard for me too."

"I can't do this. Please stop," he removed her hand.

He couldn't bring himself to walk away. Not yet.

"I'll be in town for the next couple of days, Abel. Stop by the inn if you're free to talk. I don't want to take up anymore of your time now. I'll see you then," she reached up and kissed his cheek.

He felt her lips along his skin as he made his way back to the house. Her breath was still in his ear as he opened the door. He put the eggs on the kitchen counter, hearing April call for him in the background.

"Abel, is that you?" She was upstairs.

He walked to the door. Abel had so many unanswered questions. Questions that demanded answers. Ancient feelings had been shaken up to the surface of his being and he couldn't go about his day feeling them anymore. He had to let them go. He had to go to her. He had to end these imaginations for good. He reached for the handle, his entire mind screaming at him to stop, to stay home, to let April hold him back to healing. But there was a small whisper within him, coming from his body. It awoke a small, slight itch that he'd been neglecting. His hand closed around the doorknob, his chest heaved up and down. The door opened one centimeter, then two, then three-

"Abel, dear, is that you?" He turned and April came into view above the stairs. "What are you doing?"

He let go of the doorknob.

~

Oh shisnit, what is he gonna do now? Thanks for reading!! Be sure to vote and comment!!