• 4 •

Jackson's POV
Not long after Anne left, my dad came home from work.
"Jackson!" He yelled from the bottom of the stairs.
I got up and went downstairs to go greet him.
"Hey Dad! How was work?"
"Great, I made a deal with that one company from Italy. We should be coming up on a large sum of money."
"That's good to hear."
"So son,how was school?"
"Amazing! We have a project in science. And guess who my partner is?" I said with a proud smile.
"Her?"
"Yep" My dad knows all about Anne since I talk about her often.
"And guess who's going on a date with her Friday?" I said.
My dad looked at me in astonishment,before suddenly pulling me into a hug.
"My little boy is growing up so fast!"
Oh boy here we go
He didn't let go and kept going on and on about how time flies blah blah blah.
"If only your mother could see you now. She'd be so proud. "
"I know she's proud Dad, she's always watching me us. I feel her presence in this house. She's still with us. "

My dad pulled me into another hug with tears welling up in his eyes.
"I love you Jackson. "
"I love you too Dad."

Anne's POV
I skipped up the stairs to my house, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.
I'm going on a date. With my long time crush. Jackson frickin Write!
I still couldn't believe it.
I wish I had someone to tell , but I don't have friends , and parents don't really listen to me. I wouldn't even be surprised if they hadn't noticed me coming home late. But I was going to tell them anyway.

I bursted through the front door,"MOM! Guess what?"
She didn't even look up from the dishes in the sink, but I kept talking.
"I'm going on a date with the guy I like ! Can you believe it?"
"That's nice honey." She said in a monotonous voice while going into her room.

I sighed and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed the leftovers out of the fridge.

Dinner alone. Again.

After eating dinner I went up to my room and looked for something to wear on the date. I was so excited!

I got out the shower and put my Afro into a big puff on top of my head. As soon as I got into bed I heard the front door open and close.

My parents were going out again. Probably a dinner party or the club or something.

At least my parents have friends.
I sighed and got in bed.
I fell asleep with todays events replaying in my head.

A/n: Kinda short. Just touching on their home lives. And how different they are.