Mrs.Robin

Dedicated to TheLonelyFlower for the awesome cover! :D

                                                                                        ***

Michael Robin was driving his car through the heavy rain. The muddy road stained the rolling wheels of his car. The roaring sound of thunder made the sounds of the engine hidden. He tried to focus on the road, even though his vision was disturbed by the flowing rain water on the windshield.

He might be reckless for driving during the rain in the night time, But nothing excited him more than a letter from his wife that he had never seen for a long time. It was not clear of how his wife left him. But his neighbor, Mr. Daniels, stated that it was because of Michael's debt. She left him with nothing but their daughter, Lorraine. She didn't even tell him where she went. The night before she went away, they quarelled over her suspicion of Michael's unfaithfulness. "I've had enough!" She yelled, as he recalled. The next thing he could remember was that, she stormed off the scene and left the house with her car. She said that she wanted to drive somewhere. And then that was it. She was gone. She was just gone.

Michael wished that he could tell his wife how he misses her and that he had forgiven all of her mistakes. He thought that his life had been so empty because of her disappearance. He wanted to ask her to come back and live with him again. He wanted to start everything over again.

His thoughts distracted him from the road. He was certain that he has arrived at the place, but his surrounding was so foreign. The only light that was shining was the car's headlight. He couldn't see anything around him. 

The sound of showering rain and the sound of windshield wiper accompanied his quiet night. He drove slowly to the side and parked his car for a while. He took a crumpled letter on the seat next to him, and checked if he had read the address right. If yes, the absent existence of houses made him think that nobody could even live around here.

His struggle to see in the dark has finally paid off and he found himself parking next to the pedestrian area. On his left was a wall. He drove slowly forward and found a tall, black, carved gate stood on his left. The gate was automatically opened when Michael drove towards the gate. He never knew that his wife could afford a big house. She has never told him about her job, so he decided not to guess. The house was castle-like and shared its color with the night. 

He parked his car in the garden and turned off the engine. He walked out of his car and ran to the house.  The entrance door looked antique. The golden, carved knocker lingered on the door. He took the knocker and swayed it to the door. He noticed that there was a garland made of white calla lilies hanging on the door. A few minutes later, the door was opened. It made a shrieking noise.

It was a very wide room with burgundy carpeted floor. There were antique statues around the house. There was a huge and sparkling lamp dangling on the roof. The light from it was actually not too bright, but the diamond-like accessory around it was making the room bright. There was an antique machine where a shiny black vinyl recording was spinning on it. The soft and calming music filled the whole room.

He found the antique statues fascinating. He observed the statue one by one and admired every angle of them. But his time of fascination was interrupted once he noticed a figure of a woman dressed in a flowing white gown appeared on the stairs.

                                                  Thy beauty awaken something within me.

"Hello, My dear" She softly spoke.

He walked towards her as if somebody had put a spell on him. To him, being called "My dear" again was a miracle. He held her hands and ran his thumb on her palm. He remembered the time when he put a ring on her finger.