chapter 1

Ross was sitting on the edge of his hospital bed , knowing but almost afraid of what was happening today . You see he had been here since he'd been ambushed in Afghanistan that and the fact someone else stood on a landmine blowing him up to didn't help , here he was now where he never thought he'd be ready to go home but terrified to do so , " mirrors don't lie ross" he thought to himself looking intently at the scar on his cheek before slowly rising and limping over to the door, he'd heard his cousins car draw up " here we go he thought, off out into the real world I suppose " when he eventually got into the car he was very surprised to see his fiance Elizabeth sitting with his cousin Francis " Ross , we have something to tell you she began, all is not as it was before, of course your aware for your fathers passing but there's something else too , you see we were so certain you were going to die that I thought our engagement was over and I started seeing another man who just so happens to be your cousin, I know we've betrayed you and I hope you can forgive us but I couldn't stay in the darkest times you need someone stronger than me now ross you really do " . Angered ross got back out the and taking his case from the boot answered on with " I best get the train then " turning to go with tears in his eyes he said one more thing " look after her for me Francis , while I'm alone forever " " no one will ever want me now "he thought sadly to himself before limping away to find the train back to Nampara . But little did he know he was about to meet a girl who'd change his life forever.