Chapter 19

As-Salaam-Alaikum

Plz pray before you read if its time and you  haven't...

Enjoy the chapter!!!

************************************************************

"It is also a charity to utter a good word" - Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

*************************************************************

Arina's POV

Visiting these places with my loved once made the whole experience more memorable and beautiful.

Right now we are in an SUV on our way to our next destination, Florida's capital Tallahassee. We decided to go by road and relish the experience. We were planning to spend three days including today in this city and then go back to New York as Adam had few important meetings next week and we had to get the Rukhsati (when the girl leaves for her husband's house) preparations done which was the week after.

Soon we reach the city which had quite a number of museums situated in certain parts of the city. We arrived at our hotel shortly which was located in the lively area  known as Tallahassee Downtown. 

The bellboy helps us with our luggage once we arrive at Four points by Sheraton. We freshen up before  checking out the city. We spend the day shopping and exploring the city.

The next day we visited the "Museum of Florida History", this museum explores the native cultures, animals and Florida's colonization. It was really rousing to see the historic pieces of information and evidences.

We spent two hours in the museum before heading off to "Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State park" for a small picnic and kayaking. Instead of keeping the tradition of sandwiches etc for the picnic, we decided to get a takeout from one of the good halal restaurants Sahara and Lebanese Cafe which serves a variety of Middle Eastern dishes. 

We had the food together in the Gardens. We had a great time playing football in the park with Adam and Zaid in a team and Me, Alina and Alex a team. I was really happy seeing Adam and Zaid bonding like brothers and Adam having a pleasant time. This trip helped me a lot in learning more about this man who is my husband. I got to know his likes and dislikes, his over protectiveness when it comes to Alina which I for some reason found cute.

When it was time for kayaking, the guys went to rent some kayaks one for each as everyone wanted to be alone in it except me. The time I went kayaking was about 10 years ago when I was a kid and that experience wasn't a pleasant one all thanks to Zaid.

Subsequent to getting the kayaks we swiftly went inside the water and got on with the activity, We went quite a distance and it was really exhilarating. I got a bit to the side of the river when suddenly something from the bottom hit my kayak and it flipped making me drown when I saw everyone rushing towards me I tried to swim, Thanks to all the swimming lessons which helped but I was still stuck in the water with my kayak in the opposite way to what it should be. 

Adam hurriedly comes to help and try to set the kayak with the help of Alex and Zaid before me a hand and helping me into it.  At that time I could see the concern for me in Adam's eyes but I tried to ignore the feelings because I know it's not gonna be the same after few hours.

Once we were out of the water and the park, we drove straight to the Hotel and we all freshened up and went down for dinner.  I started sneezing but I didn't really may attention to it but as the night went on I started sneezing more and also got fever, Alina noticed this. I always get sick when I get wet in the rain or like this.