Chapter 10 - The Truth About Werewolves

Start from the beginning

 "But - "

 "I'm not finished," he said. He took in another deep breath. "When a wolf bites a healer, they become connected to that wolf. Well, the werewolf that bit you was Derek's uncle, Peter, the one that Derek killed. We still don't know how you managed to survive, but you did. That's why you lost your memories,"

 "No," I said, trying to wrap my mind around the idea. "No, no I'm not anything,"

 "I know it seems crazy, but it's the truth. We don't know a whole lot about the situation, but Eric's going to Romania on Sunday to get some possible answers. We're going to help you, Emma. We're going to figure out why this is all happening to you."

 I hate the supernatural. If all of what Stiles is telling me is true, it causes nothing but trouble. It kills people. It has ruined my life. I didn't want any part in it, though I understand that I don't have much of a choice. If I want my memories back, I'm going to have to start pulling my own weight.

 "What about the purple flowers that I threw up? Does that have anything to do with all of this?"

 "Those weren't just purple flowers, it was wolfsbane. It's very possible, but we don't know for sure." 

 Wolfsbane. I remember reading about it when I went through all of those books. Apparently it has some drastic effects on werewolves, but how is that I threw up the stuff? How did it even get in my system? Then again, this is the supernatual. All kinds of weird things are possible.

 "Emma," said Stiles. "There's something else you need to know. After Derek killed Peter, your heart...it stopped beating. Emma, you were dead,"

 "W-what?" I stuttered out.

 Dead? I couldn't have been...dead. Then how am I even alive now? How did my heart somehow start pumping oxygen into my brain again? Maybe that's what Eric meant to Derek when they were talking in the hospital about how he did this to me. He killed Peter and because of that...I died. And in exchange for life I had to give up all of my memories. Like a reset button.

 The pain in Stiles' voice made me feel guilty again. "We don't know how or why you survived, but you did. You came back."

 I stood up from my bed and threw a hand over my mouth. I strode over to the window where the clouds still blanketed the night sky. I don't know what time it is, but I know it's late. Stiles and I have been talking all night about the supernatural things in this town.

 My eyes fogged up with tears. All of this was just too much. I died. I was dead and I'm supposed to just except that. How will that ever be okay?

 I felt a soft hand on the small of my back and realized that Stiles was behind me. Without another moment of thought, I spun around and cried into him. This time his body relaxed immediately and he wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin on the top of my head. He just dried off and now I was getting him all wet again.

 I just don't know how much more I can take. I just found out that because of the supernatural so many people have died, my mother, my sister, even me. Who's to say that it won't take any more lives of the people I actually care about around here?

 "It's gonna be okay, Emma," said Stiles into my hair.

 I pulled away from his chest only slightly so that I could look into his eyes. I didn't care that my face was blotchy and stained with tears. He's seen me cry. "Will it?" I questioned.

 "If you just...have faith," he said. He picked up the cross pendant of my necklace and held it between his fingers. He gave a weak smile. "You always used to say that,"