Chapter 26 : ..and they said It! <3

Start from the beginning

"But we can do something! We can move this set up to my room. So many people do that! Please Ma!," Vivan begged.

The doctor spoke, "I'll talk to your folks and see what can be done. The nurse will collect some blood to be tested. Even if you have to be discharged, it will be after we have the reports."

"Hmm..," Vivan was disappointed.

Krish came back into the room and said, "Vansh will call you in a while!"

"Ah! My forever busy brother," Vivan said and Gauri gave him the phone to talk to his mother. He was getting the scolding he deserved.

Krish looked around and asked, "Where's Keya?"

Everyone looked at him and then around the room. Keya was right here some time ago. No one realised she had left.

"Mom I'll talk to you later," Vivan said and hung up. "Where did she go?"

"Probably she went to use the restroom. I'll go check..," Tanya said and left. Gauri talked to Vivan and tried to take his mind off Keya. When Tanya returned, she was alone.

"What the heck is her problem!," Vivan shouted.

"Shhhh! Vivan, you need to rest! I will go and find her. She must be around. You go to sleep now.!," Gauri explained to Vivan and left. Krish followed her out.

"Mom she isn't answering her phone," he said.

"Just ask people around if they have seen her. Why on earth would she do something like this now? Wasn't she the one dying for him to wake up?," his mother said.

Krish backed her up, "Mom she must have freaked out or something. I'll talk to her."

"Okay fine," she sighed, "Your dad is reaching, we will go talk to the doctor then."

..

"I'm alive right?"

"What happened to your head?"

"What all have I broken?"

"I'm fine Ma"

"So many things to be taken care off"

How? How could that boy be so casual with everything? He was joking around? That too with Aarav, pissed with whom he had driven off. Keya couldn't stand all that. When the doctor started the check up she started retreating. She slowly walked to the door. She saw Krish on the phone in the corridor. But his back was facing her, so she could leave without being noticed.

Her Lambo was in the hospital itself from last night. She got in the car and left the hospital to go home. She passed her father's car on the way and she knew he must have noticed her. Keya did not want to go to the beach or the orphanage or anywhere but her room right now.

She reached home and went straight to her room. Couldn't Vivan speak one word to her? All he did was hold her hand. He did not want her to leave but neither did he once look at her with affection. What was he trying to show? That hospital had always scared Keya. It was the same place where she had lost two of her closest persons. She had realised what Vivan meant to her and thoughts of losing him were scaring her, a lot. But Vivan wanted to fool around like nothing had happened!

I don't give a damn now, Keya cried out. She got rid of her shoes and pulling her blanket over, went to sleep.

..

Krish came to know from his father that Keya had driven out of the hospital. She did not answer her phone. He least expected her to be home because she always took to isolation. But he called up home.