Trip

You know that feeling you get when you are super happy and ready to go somewhere. When you see someone famous of you go somewhere you have never been to before? Or how about the fear when someone is sick or you’re sick and you feel like you are never going to get better and it's the end. The main feeling is a strong feeling. Something in my life I never really had to be. I never had to step up for what is right or even to save someone's life but who am I kidding? I couldn't even save myself.

"Now boarding flight 902, now boarding flight 902 to London, now boarding flight 902." I followed my friend Andy on to the plan. We were on the junior class trip from New York to London. Every year the juniors raise up enough money to go and we were like all the other classes. Family with money, old families that had generations and generations behind us for doing something useful with our lives. For being famous, just for something.

This is what was expected of us. To become something more so our parents can pass on their legacy.

My mother on the other hand really didn't care as long as we were happy.

I loved my mother.

Andy was tall, hair long light brown,  that was down to the middle of his back. He listen to metal, all the time. Everywhere and anywhere. The things we had in common were beyond music but it was common interest like Anime and Video games. He was a sweet heart I met in the fourth grade and I loved the guy. Not like I was 'in love' with him, he was like my other older brother and it was nice. It was one of the funniest pot heads in the school. Only I a simple girl could ever be so lucky to be friends with a friend that doesn't care what people think.

"So, Tonie where's your seat?" He took out his ticket and looked at his seat number, 32A. I pulled out mine and he frowned, it read 33A my seat was right behind him. "That sucks majorly," frowned even harder. Not together like we had hoped. I was pretty sad about that too. We walked on one by one showing our boarding ticket to the flight attendant.

As I made my way into the crowed plane with nothing but the shirt on my back and my favorite jeans and slippers we took our seats. I slipped my iPod into my ears I closed my eyes. London. I can’t wait. I thought happily to myself.

I opened my eyes to see our cheer squad leader looking down at me crossing her arms, "Trade seats with me." Amanda Brookhard demeaned crossing her skinny little white arms.

I removed the ear phone from my ear and looked up at her, "excuse me?"

"Holly is sitting right over here, my seats in the middle towards the back, come on." She picked her nails.

"I'm not moving my seat for you go find some other chump." I sneered.

Grabbing my ear phone right before I could out put it back in, the flight attendant with tight bleach blond hair walked over, in her green uniform. “Miss, please take your seat. We need everyone buckled in and ready to go so we can take off."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, grabbing my carryon bag and throwing it over my shoulder. "I'm moving," I handed Amanda my ticket and she handed me hers. I walked towards the back to the middle of the three-seater. There was a woman about her mid 30's who smiled at me with her yellowing bad teeth and unbrushed hair.

"Hello, I’m Kathy." I shot her a smile and nodded not replaying and putting in my ear phones. I closed my eyes.

I let the music Andy let me download off of his computer play through my ears. I missed my mother and brother already. My mother Joanne owned her own bakery and my brother Jordan was in college going to NJIT in New Jersey. I know it isn't that fair away from the city but he doesn’t live at home so I still miss him.

It felt like hours as I let the music sink me in to my own world. I enjoyed listening to the Beatles the grateful dead, Arrow Smith, and so many more awesome and great bands. In the middle of ‘Bye, Bye Miss American Pie’, I was awoken by a jolt. The jolt was sent throughout my body right down to the jolt of my bones.

The lights were blinking and the plan raddled left and right. The woman next to me with the bad teeth and bad hair had out her cross and was praying. My first move was to unbuckled my seat and I ran up to the open door of the cockpit. There the pilot sat in a state of panic and fear as well as tears. He was shouting over and over, "We are going to crash. We are going down, flight 902 is going down."

I stood there shocked, first thing I did was turn and ran to find Andy who was still in his seat. "Andy!" I screamed over the room of screaming crying people. Tears were falling from my face. "The plan is going to crash."

He tried to remove his belt and I was being pulled away by the stewardess. She put me back in my seat and buckled me in and soon enough all I heard was my name from his lips across the plane. There were some more screams until the screaming died down, it was gone. All of it was the noise the sound all I felt was pain. Somewhere on me there was pain but I had a hard time focusing on where it came from. It was on my head my shoulder and my leg. Then, then I awoke to the most horrific site.