"You can do silent spells, Darcy," he stated. The book he had was opened to the protective spells.

Darcy nodded and told him it's too hard to teach him when she can't speak, her eyes peering over to the book.

Shield charm?

"Yeah," Harry said. "It can... 'deflect any curse, jinx or hex of the wizard is powerful enough...'"

I thought we've already learned that spell?

"Oh, well, no we haven't," he said sheepishly. "But if it can deflect curses, do you think it can deflect the killing curse?"

Darcy gave him a doubtful look, though he didn't see it. He was much too busy reading his book. She kept to herself as well, not sure she was in a state of helping. At around seven o'clock, Darcy excused herself from the library.

Harry quickly closed his book, standing up with her.

"I should go with you," he said hastily and following her out of the library.

Darcy shook her head. She waved a hand in the air and words appeared. No, that's okay. I can handle myself.

"No, Darcy," Harry said stubbornly. "I have to. We can't be alone in the castle anymore, remember?"

Then what about you after you drop me off?

"Well, I tag along with someone!"

Darcy stopped midway in her step and faced Harry. NO.

Harry stared at her, shocked. "What's got you so worked up, Darcy? I'm just trying to help—"

"Trouble in paradise, Black, Potter?"

The voice of Snape thoroughly shocked the two students. Darcy composed herself and looked away from Harry.

Evening Professor.

"Miss Black," Snape greeted. He turned his steely dark eyes over to Harry and sneered. "I would hate to break you both apart, but Darcy is already late for her meeting with me and her aunt, Potter."

Harry stared oddly at Professor Snape and Darcy. "Okay, then," he muttered and walked off.

It appeared Snape didn't really care if Harry was alone in the corridors of Hogwarts.

The potions classroom was empty except for the silhouette of Ophelia at the corner of the classroom. There was a cot at the center of the classroom, the other tables pushed aside to the corners and edges of the room.

"This place is very dark, Snape," she said, picking up a cauldron. "Reminds me of a horror film."

Snape closed the door, and directed Darcy over to the cot. He waved his wand, and there appeared a pillow.

"Same lesson as last time," said Snape. "Reach into your mind."

Ophelia turned around and faced Darcy, who was already laying down on the cot.

"You've done this plenty of times before," Ophelia muttered, kneeling beside her niece and patting her cheek. "You said it let you speak without the rock...it's like exercising your vocal cords, yes?"

Darcy nodded numbly. She wasn't sure if it would wrk again...but faith was insured in Darcy. She's had faith in herself all her life—mixed with the stubbornness to speak.