Chapter 1

*Author's Note*

Hey guys and welcome to my first exo fanfic. This is going to be my only Author's note so please read. I'll keep it short; 

This fanfic is completely finished. It has 7 chapters. I plan to update every Saturday and Tuesday to give me a chance to finish an extra chapter of pure sin which I'm working on. I also have an EXO oneshot book on my profile. I only have one oneshot in there so far, but I'm working on others so if you could check that out it would be great. 

Also thank you oheyimlucy for the description and Cariad0208 for ideas, and both of you for editing and supporting me while I wrote this mess. I love you both <3

I hope you all enjoy this fic,

-Paige

*****************

Xiumin had never been one for being passionate about things. Or maybe that wasn't the right wording. He loved music and warm bread and scalding coffees outside coffee shops on cold mornings. He'd also loved Luhan with his dark hair, and deep laughing brown eyes, wide and doe like. Luhan had broken up with him a year ago, stating that he did not want to attend SM academy anymore, that it was not his dream anymore to produce music in such a competitive atmosphere, and unfortunately Xiumin had been part of that dream. Xiumin did not blame Luhan; he had been ill with worry for quite some time before he'd made the decision, and his eyes did not laugh anymore. And that was why, in the new school year, Xiumin was laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. The ceiling had deep swirls and grooves across it, and if he looked at it long enough he could form pictures and stories in the plaster. The other bed in the dingy dorm room lay against the opposite wall, stripped of sheets. He was meant to be getting a new room mate in the next week, which felt somehow wrong, but he was not in charge of the room situation, the academy was, and he was lucky enough to have had an empty room for so long already. 

"Yo, Xiumin!" Came a sudden shout from outside the room and Xiumin sighed, raising from the bed,

"Yes, hi, Baekhyun." He said while opening the door to let the other boy in. Or should he say boys. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had been inseparable since freshman year, and anywhere Baekhyun was, Chanyeol would undoubtedly follow, and vice versa. 

Baekhyun came barreling in as soon as Xiumin got the latch undone, almost knocking Xiumin off his feet, "Hey, Xiumin, did you have a good summer? We went to the beach and Chanyeol's family own the biggest house it was so- "

Xiumin left the door open and moved back across the room to sit on the bed. He was already used to Baekhyun's incessant chatter after 3 years, and was very good at nodding when it was appropriate. He didn't mind Baekhyun speaking. Baekhyun was very good at creating the mood for the whole room as soon as he entered, and the more he spoke, the less Xiumin had to. 

As predicted, within two minutes of Baekhun's entrance, Chanyeol also entered, slapping a hand over Baekhyun's mouth, "Shut up, Baekie, let Xiumin talk." 

Baekhyun pouted but continued his story dutifully, giving Chanyeol a dirty look.

"I'm sorry he's like this. I think I let him have too much sugar in the car." Chanyeol whispered to Xiumin as he sat on the bed beside the smaller boy. 

"I think he's always like this. I wouldn't apologise for something so uncontrollable; don't worry." Xiumin said, letting his lips raise in a smile. 

Chanyeol, pleased to see Xiumin smile, laughed and nudged Baekhyun with his foot, as Baekhyun, now finished with his tale, lay between the two others letting his feet hit against the wall, and occasionally Chanyeol's head.