Prelude

|| Ivy Bradley at the top! Played by Hayden Panettiere! ||

Two Years Ago

Glancing around the room, I briefly take notice of all the blurry students dancing. Maybe they're blurry because I'm dancing too. At least, I think that's why the room keeps shaking. Wait! Holy shit, are we having an earthquake? No, that's stupid, everyone would be panicking if that was happening. 

How much have I had to drink tonight?

Suddenly I feel an arm fall around my shoulders, "Hey man, you might want to stop having a seizure, we have company." Hunter mumbles, amusement clouding his words. I turn my head to say that I was dancing, not experiencing a seizure, but I notice Hazel and some blonde girl standing next to her - Both of them laughing.

"Uh, hey guys," I say, a little embarrassed for not noticing them for God knows how long. I nod at the brunette one out of the two, one of my best friends.

"Hazel," I smile in greeting before switching my attention onto the blonde girl, confusion sweeping through me. She looks slightly younger than the three of us, with bright green eyes, and an adorable - very pretty - face.

Cute.

"Ivy," She speaks softly with a nod, answering my silent question as she gestures towards Hazel, "I'm her younger sister."

A song I like begins playing, so I start bobbing my head to the beat, "The birthday girl, right?" I ask, half paying attention as I sing all the words to the song - in my head, of course. No one wants to hear me singing, I sound like a dying chihuahua on steroids.

"The one and only," Ivy smiles widely and beautifully, making me feel the urge to smile back as she laughs, "Well, at this party at least."

The one and only.

I'm half aware that Hazel's talking right now, but for some unknown reason, I can't take my eyes off Ivy. My eyes just can't seem to leave her face.

At least until I hear my name leave Hazel's lips, "And Liam, please stay sober enough to make sure Ivy is alright. You too, Hunter." I immediately nod. Hazel exchanges a hug and a few words with Ivy before leaving.

Once Hazel's out of sight, Ivy turns to us with her wide, lively smile. She lets out a laugh as she addresses the both of us, "You guys don't actually have to look out for me, you know. Hazel's just being an overprotective sister. I'll be fine."

"It's no problem, Ivy. We don't mind. Right, Liam?" Glancing at Hunter, I nod enthusiastically.

"Of course!"

Okay, maybe a little too enthusiastic there, Liam

Hunter chuckles, shaking his head at me, "Dude, I think you need to go drink some more water and eat some food."

Now that grabbed my complete and utter attention. "Did you say something about food?"

"Yes, Liam, go eat and sober up a bit."

Hunter places both of his hands on my broad, sexy, manly... "Liam." I look up to see Hunter raising his dark, bushy eyebrows at me.

"Huh?" Man, maybe he's right, I think to myself as I chuckle and shake my head, "Alright, food's calling for me. I'll catch up with you two soon when I'm in a better condition." I turn to Ivy and grin, watching her blush slightly, "Then I can look after her while you go talk to Hazel like I know you're dying to do."

Hunter's cheeks flame slightly too as he shoves my shoulder. "Shut up, Bro." Laughing - and tumbling over a bit - I swing around on one foot, before beginning my journey to the kitchen through all these sweaty bodies.