Chapter 6: Masquerade

Oof! that was six times now I was knocked off my feet. Senri decided to make our training one that involved the whole night class.

I was trying to get a hold on my telecenisis and so far I was failing.

We were taking a breake and I was leaned up against a tree resting my eyes when I heard Takuma and Hanabusa talking.

"Yeah, the ball is coming up and the day class girls are pretty angry." Aido sighed.

"Yeah since the ballroom isn't finished we can't have the mixed ball," Takuma laughed.

"We can do something different," I interjected.

"What do you mean?" Aido asked.

"Well, instead of a ball we could have a themed Masquerade!" I cheered getting excited.

"Yuki we have no where to host it," Takuma sighed.

"I could host it," I suggested. Takuma and Aido looked at me as if I had three heads.

"Do you mean host it at the Kuran estate?" Hanabusa asked.

"Yes, it's just been sitting there collecting dust it could use a party," I smiled.

"Are you sure you want all of Cross Academy to know where the Kuran mansion is?" Zero asked skeptically walking into our conversation.

"Zero I'm the last in the Kuran clan-" I started but he put up a hand and poked my stomach.

"No Yuki, this is the last of the Kuran clan." he added.

"We don't need that house," I said bitterly. Even though I had lived there for almost the last two years I had never stepped foot in the room downstairs where my mother died and my abilities were sealed. There were way too many bad memories closed up in that house.

"Alright I can't stop you I was just reminding you to think ahead," he said lightly.

I nodded as Senri clapped his hands.

"Are we going to get back to practice or is the Kuran princess going to sit in the shade some more?" he challenged.

"You better watch it Shiki," I warned jokingly.

"Care to join us Kiryuu?" Maria sang.

"Do you really think I would give up a chance to bash some vampires heads in?" Zero smirked.

"Here Kiryuu," Takuma called throwing Zero a sword,

"Alright pick your poison," Hanabusa called grinning.

"Ok Aido I'll take out my stress on you today," Zero smirked.

Everyone stepped out of the way and left the two challengers in the ring. Senri and Rima took a seat next to me and chatted quietly.

Zero ran toward Hanabusa and swiped the sword through an ice column. Hanabusa dodged out of the way just in time for Zero to strike the ground.

Hanabusa quickly froze his sword in the ground. Then he moved and went in for the kill. Zero smirked and ripped his sword out of the ground and hit Hanabusa in the jaw with the handle of his sword.

Zero ran at Hanabusa and pointed his sword at his heart.

"I win," he said lamely.

"I'll take you on!" Senri called surprising us all.

Zero welcomed the challenge after walking away from Hanabusa leaving him on the ground.

Senri helped him up before pricking his finger and readying his weapon.

After Zero had fought two more of the night class I stopped watching.

"So what is your theme going to be?" Rima asked sitting next to me.

"I have no idea," I shrugged picking to spores off of a dandelion.

"How about forbidden couples, the day class girls would love it," Rima suggested.

"Yeah they would, and I could go as myself," I laughed as a poor small night class kid almost lost his balance on one of the forgotten ice patches left by Hanabusa.

"Oh, yeah I guess you could. It could actually be really cool! You could get a big elaborate dress made up and everything." Ruka added.

"Yeah but Zero would never go for it," I smiled, then surpressed a scream as an arm restrained my arms and held a gun to my head.

"What are you trying to get me to do, Vampire?" Zero hissed in my ear.

Oh, it was Zero. That would be why the entire night class hadn't swarmed him.

"Don't put a gun to my head, are you crazy?" I laughed.

"Come on, it's not loaded... with anti vampire bullets," he added.

"Zero!" I cried play punching him.

"So what am I being forced to do now?" He asked again.

"Escort me to the masquerade as a vampire hunter," I grinned and he gave me a puzzled look. "I mean you actually have to get a costume and dress up," I explained.

"Really?" he grimaced.

"I'll let you take Bloody Rose," I smiled.

"Considering I'll be working security that's not much of a proposition," he scoffed.

"Please, Zero it will be fun," I pleaded.

"Doubtful but I'll be forced to go anyway so what the hell," he sighed.

"Takuma!" I called catching his attention. he jogged over to me. "Can you arrange a car to drive me to my home tomorrow to prepare?" I asked. It was very odd asking people to do things for me especially people I knew so well but Takuma just bowed and nodded before dialing a number on his phone and arranging what I'd asked.

"Will you all go with me?" I asked. the only one who didn't agree right away was Zero but I had expected that..