Chapter 12: A Bloody Mistake

Stretch! I stood in front of the mirror and sighed. I tossed the last shirt that I brought with me on the floor. It was official none of my clothes fit me anymore.

I was now about three months along and I was trying to return to cross academy. I was trying to hide it from the public eyes as long as I could but now I realized as I tried to button my uniform over my stomach that it wouldn't be so easy.

A month had passed since I saw Kaname's face in the window and fainted on that long night. I longed to see Zero. I had not been able to contact him since he left. I worried about him often.

"Hey Yuki Ruka and I have someone here to fit you for some new clothes." Rima said poking her head through the door.

I simply nodded and let her bring in the seamstress. The woman measured me and went over some designs and fabrics. I half heartedly picked a few and had Rima escort her out. I put on a robe and found myself wandering into the basement.

I found the boxes of my mother and father's things and began opening boxes. I found some of my mothers old dresses. I picked up one that was a tea length flowing white dress with no sleeves and ruffles along the bottom. I slipped it on and beamed when it fit. I guess I had found my mothers maternity clothes.

I found a black crop jacked and zipped it over the top of the dress. I picked up the rest of the box and carried it to my room.

I couldn't shake that daunting memory from my mind. I needed to talk to someone. In all honesty I needed to talk to Kaname. He would know exactly what to do about the dilemma with Kirei Iida.

Not being able to handle the silence any longer I grabbed a note pad and a pen and began writing.

Dear Kaname,

I miss you terribly. I understand why you had to do what you did but what I don't understand is why you couldn't have told me. Did you have so little faith in your decision? Was I so unimportant to you that you could dare leave me here alone... ? and pregnant without even telling me of your intentions. I didn't mean for this letter to be so bitter but I'm angry. I'm so angry and frustrated. I have no idea how to be in charge of anything and everyone is looking to me to be level headed and to have answers and have orders for them. If you were going to leave me with this couldn't you have left me with any kind of advice or help at all? Would that have been too much? In all honesty I feel betrayed.

The pencil broke under my grasp. I had no idea how much bitterness I had been caging.

I grabbed a jacket and ran out into the chilly fall weather. I ran fast to keep from being seen.

By the time night started to really set in I found myself in the middle of town right outside of cross academy. I didn't realize how far I had ran.

This was a dangerous time of night. I readied Artemis in its inactivated form. It was shockingly cold to the touch. I guess Kaname really had left me alone.

I heard ragged breathing behind me that sent chills down my spine. When I turned three level E's were walking out of buildings. More level E's began seeping from buildings on all sides.

"Fancy seeing you on this part of town all alone little princess," one of them said.

I was all alone miles away from anyone who could help me.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"Has anyone seen Yuki lately?" Kaito panicked rushing around the Kuran mansion.

"Now that you mention it I haven't seen her leave her room all day why are you so worried?" Takuma wondered.

"I fell asleep while I was sitting on the porch," he answered running toward Yuki's room. He knocked on the door to Yuki's room before opening it to find it empty.