Chapter 1

Ahaha here's chapter one of my sci-fi attempt at a story.
The photo is Kuragari, the cruel twin. Once I post the second chapter, it'll have Yuki.
----------------

My parents, big sister, and I go camping for two weeks every summer. Yeah, it's fun, but I wish I had my telescope. I would like to stargaze looking through it and look at all the giant balls of hydrogen and helium burning billions of miles away.

"You can enjoy the beauty of the stars without your telescope." My father told me while I was packing.

I was rather disappointed. I really wanted to look at the planets. I can't see planets through my telescope in the city. Stars are barely visible.

Stargazing is the one that I like to do. I chart the stars and planets frequently. It's a lot of fun for me. My big sister calls me a nerd.

"Can't you just be into normal stuff Ellen?" She always says.

"Maybe I don't want to Ashley. I like astronomy." I say back.

"Whatevs." She says and takes about a million selfies of herself and posts them on Instagram or Snapchat.

She's popular. I'm not. And I could care less.

My dad thinks the annual Emmetts family camping trip is a good thing. It's alright. I don't mind sleeping in a tent for two weeks, we have some pretty comfy sleeping bags and we stargaze every night.

Tonight was interesting though. My sis and I decided to stay out later and stargaze some more. Even she likes to look at billions of twinkling lights in the sky. It's her lockscreen photo on her phone. We saw a shooting star, well we thought it was a shooting star. It left a trail of smoke behind it, which is not something shooting stars usually have.

"Ellen... does that look like a shooting star to you?" Ashley asked me, with some fear in her voice.

It did not look like a shooting star. It was too big. The light was the size of my thumb nail.

It fell to the east of us and we heard a loud crash. It woke up my parents,and probably everyone else.

"What was that?" My mother asked nervously.

"Let's go check it out!!" Dad and I said in unison.

"It could be dangerous." Mom cautioned.

"Eliza I climbed Mt. Everest. That was terrifying yet extremely fun." Dad said.

"He has a point." Ashley said.

"Oh alright." She said.

We grabbed our flashlights and went down the trail to the field where the thing crashed.

There was a medium sized crater towards the center of the field. No one else was there. Everyone probably assumed that it was just a car crash, even though we're nowhere near highway.

We carefully walked forward. In the center of the crater there was a black mass.

We shined our lights on it and it revealed a ship. An alien spaceship.

"Be careful girls." Dad warned. We crept closer.

The spaceship sorta looked similar to a small battleship but without the laser cannons. It was all black and badly damaged. A wing was torn off and it looked like the engine exploded. There was a ton of smoke coming out of it.

We heard pounding in what looked like the door to the cockpit. Something collapsed on the ground coughing once the cockpit opened. A second thing did the same.

They began speaking in English.

"Yuki, that is the LAST TIME I let you pilot!!" One person said in between coughing.