Chapter 23: Sitting Out

Emma's Point of View

“So how are you and Curly doing?” a girl on my team asks me at practice. “Good. He’s back in London right now. I miss him,” I don’t even know why I’m telling her this. “Didn’t he leave a show to come see you in the hospital?” I smile a little at this question, “Yeah, he did.” “Are you feeling better?” “I am doing better. My head doesn’t hurt all the time now. My cuts and stuff have healed. Just my heart hurts.” I mumble the last part because I hate it. I hate the fact that I sound like a love-sick teenager in some sappy romance movie that heartbroken, sobbing girls watch when their boyfriend breaks up with them. It makes me feel weak and I’m already weak enough with my injuries. I think I’m going crazy from not having Harry with me. Lyndsay made the comment, yesterday, that whenever Harry and I were together we were touching in someway: holding hands, playing with each others hands, his arm settled protectively around my waist or shoulders, hugging, kissing, running our hands through the others hair. We always had physical contact and all I want it to feel his warm skin against my own. Usually cheer practice is where I forget about problems and worries but now I have to sit out and I can’t focus on what’s happening at practice. I can only focus on what Haz may be doing. I’ve seriously lost my mind. I can’t do it anymore, I grab my phone, I don’t even think about the time difference and I call him. The phone rings for what feels like forever until he answers, “Kitten?” he groggily mumbles. “Hi Haz.” I try to sound like I’m not falling apart and if he was a little more awake he would probably see right through me. “You okay?” “Yeah, I’m mean no, well... I’m fine but I just, like, really miss you a lot.” “Help me out babe. It’s an ungodly hour where I am so just sum that up in less words please.” he says in his incredibly slow, raspy, not-completely-awake voice. I can’t help but laugh. I actually really laugh. My coach shoots me a look because, technically, I shouldn’t be on my phone but he doesn’t say anything, and for that I’m thankful. “I miss you, Hazzy.” “I miss you too, baby girl.” he says. “Give me that.” “Lou stop. Give it back.” I faintly hear Louis and Harry in the background, as neither of them are speaking into the phone. “Hello Emma. As Hazza has previously stated, quite loudly I may add, it is an ungodly hour here and I don’t need to hear how much you two miss each other. We have an interview rather early tomorrow morning and I need my beauty sleep. The other boys and I love you too in a big brotherly way, as do you love us in a sisterly way. Harry loves you very much, as do you him. We all miss you and we know you miss us. Goodnight.” Louis hangs up the phone and I can’t help but laugh again at his sassiness.