Chapter-3 Dream of war

Chapter – 3

                                                  Dreams of war

The white turns to black

The immortal is now wounded

Did he fell or was he thrown

God or a demon;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Alex was in that dream like state, where he wasn’t able to distinguish between the reality and the dreams that were barging in on his conscious. Like always from last 2 years the dream of his dying friends was nasty and gut wrenchingly beautiful at the same time. The propelling motion of his wild emotions drove him to his horrific past, to his life’s biggest mistake that happened on that same date two years ago.

His body tensed and stiffened , and started shifting from side to side , as he sub consciously tried to fight with his own mind , but it was off no use . He was already been pulled into the realm of dreams where the Goddess of moon ruled and he wasn’t able to do anything. He tried aimlessly to move, to wake up, but of course nothing worked. It was already too late the same shouts, the same chortles of evil and the same dying faces started flooding his brain and he finally let go and gave in to the painful experience which he will have to suffer for one long night.

The dreadful images started to flow back into his mind and he found himself into the familiar cave, the nest of the wicked Alchemists. He remembered how he and his brave friends have supported him- to destroy the nest of Alchemists that was situated deep into the Alcatraz islands. How they have stupidly called war upon the dreadfully cunning Alchemists against the orders of their seniors.

Since then Alex have always regretted on his hot-blooded actions and with dismay he also remembered how after that day he will blame himself for the death of all of his friends forever.    

The darkness started to envelop him, his heart beating faster and faster, making the blood in his athletic body to run wild. His darkened mind screamed in frustration as his vision goes blank from the blow. As sudden as the attack had came, his years of hard training kicked in and he stumbled himself into a half conscious and half weaken stage. He prompted himself for any sudden blows from the attacker but nothing came. He just stood there in a defensive position trying his best to block any up front hits.

The shouts of agony and loud echoing laughter filled his mind and ears, as he tries to regain his wobbled footing. The deafening BANGS of the explosion made his sensitive ear drums vibrate in hurtful waves. He knew that he was just standing there and that was not helping anyone in the impromptu war between the dirty, repulsive, cunning and absolutely horrifying Alchemists - who from centauries had hold the abominated position of disgust in the supernatural world , and the marked protectors - the ‘Angel’s fil’ , the son of named gods . But he couldn’t move, nor how much he tried to make his brain out of transfix foggy situation of pain and physical hurt. But after what felt like a hours of total bewitchment, slowly and gradually his foggy mind cleared, the pain in his head starts to reduce as the war around him refocused.

The first thing that he noticed that there were too many blue black suited bodies lying down in pool of blood and colorful fuming acids piled with few magenta colored robes of dead alchemists with silver glimmering knifes protruding from them , the whole picture had complementing colors to it . It was gothic and tragically beautiful at the same time , but seeing so many of his friends dead at the same spot made bile rose in his stomach . Alex turned over , and tried again to control his footing , he stayed there for a while telling , convincing his mind to fight now and remorse later .

Without the full support of his vision he started to take the voices around him , he starts to differentiate the voices of his friends , his companions . He needed to save them , to help them in this battle , he was their leader , they needed to destroy this filthy alchemist nest and claim victory over the vicious creatures who had owned the magic of science and turned it into bottles of colorful acids and skin burning powders .

He stumbled forward, his mind screaming in agony from the previous blow . The seen in front of him was of pure disaster. The few handful of slayers were fighting the alchemists and it was clear he and his team was severely outnumbered. They have some thrown powder bombs at them just to make their make vision blur and Alex was helplessly trying to remove the tears from his eyes .

 After seeing this outrageous act of abhorrence his anger grew in him , he didn’t register his body that was shouting in pain , nor did he considered the fact the ground was mischievously moving under his feet – it was going up and down , back forth – though he still moved in one directions towards his friends .The best men and women by the slayer academy in prospect of fighting and in hearts. The warrior in front of him fighting with their sliver shining swords and blue - golden magic are the ones that he have grown up with , the only handful of people who knew him for what he actually is , he heart squeezed at the sight of Brian Badicka- his best friend . the guy he had so many of his first’s that if he started counting the numbers might end .Brian was the most funny guy he had ever known , he could make Alex laugh in any situation. With a ray of hope he tried to think what Brian would joke for this situation.

Alex tried to focus foggy smoke around Brian. The powdery substance that alchemists were using was somehow covered them completely and slayers were fully vulnerable from all the sides. It was there disadvantage. He looked around Brian and tried to focus on the Alchemist with the magenta robes, who was moving expertly in and out of the smoke covering his friend. The alchemist movements were graceful as if of a dancer , but Brian was looking weak as he fought his enemy .

He moved toward him and that’s when he noticed the blood on his chest. The dark velvety liquid was covering him all over. Tears were filled in Alex eyes as he saw his friend fight for his life. He quickened his pace and tried to move toward him, but he was late – too late. The Alchemist that Brian was battling took a long wicked knife from inside of his rob, and before anyone could have done anything. The knife was plunged directly into Brian’s heart with an unearthly quickness.

Alex staggered in his track and stopped. He just stared at Brian’s body, tears envelope his eyes. And then anger erupted inside of him and he lunged forward taking his own gold stake directly into the Alchemist’s side, combined with his war cry and the shout of agony from the alchemist, the whole place echoed with their sorrowful sound. Everyone who still had the ability to see looked at the scene.

The alchemist master who had died due to the surprise attack fell onto the muddy floor of the cave, in which the battle between good and evil was going on , with Alex standing over him like an avenging angel. As soon as the whole place had went into the momentarily silence, the distraction shattered and everyone got back to their own games of life and death. The alchemist’s chortles turns into the painful screaming as they seize all gaming starts killing the slayers one by one. Still in his painful-trans situation Alex tries to help the blood covered body of Brian, who was not moving at all.

“I’m so sorry, I brought you all here.” Alex said in a raspy voice.

Nothing. No reply came from the corpse and Alex crying, hugged the corpse tightly to his chest. Come back . Come back , he thought in his mind again and again .

But he could have done anything , something grabbed his legs and pulled him into a pit . Alex’s training kicked in and he kicked at the attacker. The alchemist who had pulled him inside a smaller pit inside the cave fell. In a blink of eyes Alex took his stake and plunge into his chest .  

Alex stood up and moved forward more inside the small pit. He had only taken few steps when the ground beneath his feet crumbled and fell inside it and the darkness finally overwhelm him .