Chapter 3

It was the weekend, Michael and Dawn decided they would go on a date to try to get to know each other better. It was fall/late summer so there was a fair happening down town. The plan was the go there and also just to hang out for the day.

Michael picked up Dawn at her house. They were both dressed casually as they weren't going to do anything too romantic. They were a new somewhat couple and just wanted to have a subtle date; something that wouldn't feel too much like a date.

-Dawns pov-

"Can I turn on the radio?" I asked, looking over at Michael. He didn't look back cause he was driving.

"Yeah, go ahead." Michael said looking at her from the corner of his eye for a second then looking back at the road.

I turned on the radio and looked through different stations. I ended up just putting it on recent music. Things like Imagine Dragons, and Katy Perry would play. I was listening to the radio, quietly singing a long as I couldn't sing that well and I didn't want to embarrass myself.

I looked over at Michael and on coincidence saw him smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked, smiling at him and turned the radio down a bit to hear him.

"Nothing." He said laughing a bit, still smiling.

I rolled my eyes and turned the radio up again smiling while singing.

This was going to be fun.

We arrived at the mall around 10 minutes later. The fair didn't start till 4 and lasted till 9; It was noon.

"What store do you wanna look around in?" I asked, as we walked side by side, somewhat close to each other. I stared at his handing wondering if it would be okay to hold his hand.

He looked over at me and saw me looking down, he assumed I was looking at the floor or something. I looked up at him, unsure if I should make the first move or not.

"Let's go to F.Y.E!" I said, as I saw the store he laughed and went 'okay, okay' as I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the store.

We looked around at different things, being nerds. We walked around in that store for a solid half hour. We walked out of the store, laughing about what just happened. I subconsciously clung to his arm, somewhat laying my head on his arm while laughing. He looked down at me and smiled, tensing up a bit.

I realized what I was doing and let go of his arm.

"Sorry.." I whispered, putting my hands behind my back while walking.

"No.. It's fine." He smiled at me and reached out his arm.

This was it; he wanted me to hold his hand.

We gently intertwined our fingers, and we walked to other stores. As the day went on we got more use to each other. It was about 3:00 and we decided to go ahead and head to the fair.

We walked out to the car and I got in the passenger seat; putting my seat belt on. We went to the fair, and I was scrolling through Snap Chat and noticed a few other people were going to the fair today. When we got there it was 3:45 and we went ahead and bought the bracelet thing to go enjoy the rest of the day.

We had to wait till 4 before we would be allowed in, so we stood in the parking lot talking about things. I noticed a familiar looking blonde out of the corner of my eye holding hands with boy. He was a bit taller than her, and lightly tan.

"ALEA!" I yelled across the parking lot and they both looked at me; Alea came running my way.

"DAWN!" Alea yelled back as she ran towards me and jumped on me. I barely caught her and let her down the moment I did so I wouldn't fall and hurt us both.