04 Panic

"And then these creepy tentacles seemed to come out of the body builder's face, and... and then the guy just... vaporized." Clary said shakily while talking to Jocelyn. As soon as we got home we started to explain what had happened. Jocelyn just sat there as we both paced around the living room.

"I mean, we were drugged right?" I asked. I may have kept a calm front for Clary, to protect her, but I was freaking out. My boyfriend had just killed many people in front of me and these people didn't actually look like real people, and suddenly, said boyfriend had weird markings on his body.

"What did the markings you were talking about look like?" Jocelyn asked us, completely ignoring what we had just said.

"Who cares, Mom, okay? Are you even listening to us? We think Sarah killed a guy."

"Girls... did they look like this?" she asked as she brought her stele to her arm. A marking magically appeared on her wrist and it looked a lot like one of Jace's.

"Jocelyn, what the..." I mumbled my eyes widening a bit.

"Everything you saw tonight has a meaning and an explanation, and I've dreaded having this conversation with you since you were both little girls."

"What is going on?" Clary stammered "Are we going insane?"

"No, you're not. But the protections are wearing off. You're 18 now, and you need to know the truth."

"Protections?" I asked confused "What does that even mean?"

"Mom, you... Mom, you're scaring the hell out of us."

"I know, and that's why I've put this off until the last possible minute." Jocelyn pressed as she stood up.

"Jocelyn, look out the window. Magnus called to warn us. They found you." Dot interrupted. She seemed terrified. Jocelyn's eyes widened and everything seemed to go faster.

"Dot, it's time. Okay, girls, listen to me. You cannot be near me."

"What's happening?" Clary weakly protested.

"I got a very powerful person angry." Jocelyn answered as she began walking around faster looking around for things. Clary and I just stood there watching her.

"What did you do?" I inquired.

"I hid something from him and his followers."

"Followers?" I muttered as Clary asked "Why can't we just call the police?"

"The policeman you need to call is Luke." Jocelyn approached us with a necklace and a bracelet in her hand. "Keep this with you and think of me when you wear it." She said as she put the necklace around Clary's neck and the bracelet around my wrist.

"Mom, this is not the time for more birthday gifts."

"What the hell is happening?" I was starting to panic.

Dot reappeared with a bottle in her hand that had a weird looking liquid in it. She threw it at Jocelyn

"Only if you need it." Jocelyn nodded towards her and turned to us. "Trust your instincts. You two are more powerful than you know

"Jocelyn, we need to understand what's..."

"Dot, open it." She cut me "Everything I've done, every mistake I've made was because I love you more than words." She pushed us towards some sort of purple thing that Dot had made appeared magically. My head was pounding and I tried so hard to put the pieces together

"What are you doing?" Clary asked frantically

"Luke will explain everything. He'll hide you."