Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"Clear!"

I turned my attention to the crashed vehicle. Rushing over to it. I looked through it window, seeing the girl out cold in front seat. I carefully opened the car door, pressing two of my fingers against her neck. Checking for a pulse. I let out a relieved sigh once I found one. I carefully shake the girl by her shoulders. Trying to wake her up.

"Hey... Hey... Come on, wake up."

She stirred a little in her sleep, before eventually opening her eyes and waking up. The young woman moaned in pain then complained, as she clutched her temple.

"Ugh... Ow! My head..." She glanced up at me, instantly frightened.

"Hey, hey. It's okay... We're not here to hurt you, we're here to help," I explained.

She calmed down a little. "Okay, you just scared the shit out of me there man," She told me, as I helped her out of the car.

"Sorry about that, didn't mean to do that. What's your name miss?" I asked her.

"My name's Moira," She answered.

"Wait a minute, aren't you—"

"Captain! There another girl in the back seat!" Flint cut me off.

"Just a second. Can you stand Moira?"

"Yes, just give me a minute," Moira answered, while she leaned against the hood of the crashed car. Clutching her forehead.

"I'll check her out Chris," Rebecca, our team medic said to me, as she went over to examine Moira.

I walked over to the rest of the team. While Austin was holding Piers's rifle, Piers was getting the other girl out of her seat in a heedful manner. As I reached them, Piers was kneeling on the ground, carrying the girl and laying her gently against the side of the vehicle. Once I laid my eyes upon her, I immediately recognized her from a few days earlier, and noticed the cut she had on her forehead. With blood trickling down from the injury.

"Piers, is Laura okay?" I inquired.

"Captain? How do you know this girl?" Jackson questioned me, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Not now O'Donnell, this isn't the time for asking questions," I told him, before redirecting my gaze back at my co-captain. "Piers, is she okay?"

"Laura's okay, she's just unconscious. But she has a nasty cut that won't stop bleeding," Piers responded, as was pressing a small cloth to her bleeding wound.

"Here Piers, I'll take over from here," Rebecca spoke up, as she and Moira approached us.

"How's Moira? Will she be alright?" I asked Rebecca.

Rebecca momentarily shifted her gaze to me. "She'll be fine, Moira just hit her head against the dashboard. That's all."

"Piers to HQ. The hostiles have been eliminated and we've made contact with the survivors," Piers reported to HQ.

"HQ here. Copy that," They responded over the link.

While Rebecca was cleaning and tending to Laura's cut, the rest of the team was busy talking with one another for the time being, while patrolling the area. I walked over to Moira, as she was standing off to the side. Leaning against the side of the crashed car.

"Hey Moira, can I talk to you for moment?"

"Yeah sure," She replied, then we walked over to the other side of the vehicle, in order to talk in private.

"Aren't you Barry Burton's daughter?"

"Yes, Barry is my dad— Wait a minute, where's Claire?!" Moira freaked out suddenly. "Claire!!! Claire, where the hell are you!!!" Moira called out.