E I G H T E E N

I sit at the table and try to fix Paisley's necklace, her dad ripped it off her neck because she told him I bought it, which I did, I dunno why he hates me so much. "Stop" Paisley said continuously as she fought someone in her sleep. I looked over at her concerned, "Xavier tell him to stop" she squirmed around and I walked over to her. "Paisley" I said  as I ran my fingers through her hair, she fought a little more until she suddenly woke up gasping for air, she wrapped her arms around my neck as she tried to control her breathing "Jacob just tried to drown me" paisley said.

"It's fine, it was a bad dream" I told her trying to calm her down "no it wasn't, he pushed me into a filled bath and held me underwater and my dad just stood there laughing" I pulled her into a hug and felt her heart racing against my chest "baby, calm down and listen, I've been next to you and in the same room as you ever since you fell asleep I promise to you" she sighed.

She placed her lips against mine and I smiled in the middle of the kiss, things start to get more serious, i climbed on top of her without breaking the kiss, she bit my bottom lip gently as I looked into her eyes, "I've been wanting to talk to you about something for a while" I said and she raised her eyebrows "I love you, more than just a best friend" I  said before leaning back in to kiss her passionately.

Marnie

"How could you be so fucking selfish Elijah" I yell at him

"I DONT WANT MY DAUGHTER TO BE A FUCKING WHORE" he shouts louder and I sigh

"Elijah, she didn't sleep around...Jacob raped her" he looks at me and laughs "I know how bad Jacob is but he wouldn't rape an 18 year old girl, he is 38 for god sake"

"BUT THAT DIDN'T STOP HIM FROM RA-"

"He didn't rape you, you wanted it"

"BUT HE STILL ABUSED ME THOUGH" I pulled up my sleeve revealing my scars "do you remember this Elijah, do you fucking remember" , I grabbed a knife out of the extended kitchen "do you want me to re-open them?" I asked putting the knife against my wrist "go on, I dare you, fucking cut your arm again, I DARE YOU"  I looked at him coldly and sliced the blade against my wrist multiple time as tears ran down my face.

Xavier
"Something is going on in that room babe, I can tell"he said looking at the wall, he lays next to me "I'll go and look, but can you come" I ask grabbing his hand and he follows. I knock the door and no one answers "mom?" I ask and she doesn't answer

So I walk in and see dad on top of mom with his hands around her neck, strangling her and her arm has multiple open cuts going up her arm.

Xavier let's go of my hand and pushes dad off, he punched him a few times.

"Mom are you okay" I ask and she shakes her head "no pais, I'm not" she walks out and I run for her grabbing her hand gently "why the fuck did you do this?" I ask and she looks at me "I first did this when I was with Jacob, I did it because of depression...and I just did it because as every day goes past, I see Jacob more in him, the way he looks at me, the way he talks to me and especially how he's treating me...whenever you see this  on my arm, it means I'm depressed now just leave me for a second please" she walks away.

Xavier comes up behind me "I'm sorry I had to do that, he shouldn't be touching females like that, and don't worry Jacob is next just give it some time" he said deeply into my ear