Chapter 33 | How Romantic

Start from the beginning

"I have the shorts on, but I can't pull off the dress," she whined, still drunk, but a little more sober than before. I cursed my luck. Why did she have to come here? Why not to Ashley?

Before I did anything else, I made her go back inside the restroom and gargle with mouthwash.

Afterwards, I brought her out of the bathroom so that neither of us would have to smell that horrible scent and throw up. I tried to pull the dress off but it really was stuck. How did she get it on in the first place? This was so awkward.

She started crying again. She was an ugly crier. She looked a lot prettier when she smiled. And when she was sober.

Now there was another problem. How to deal with a crying drunk girl. "What's wrong, Jo?" I tried to sound gentle but it was kind of hard when I was struggling to pull this stupid thing off of her. She just sobbed and sobbed. "I'm fat! That's what's wrong Michael!"

"Listen to me, Jo," I said, grabbing her shoulders and forgetting the stupid dress. "You're beautiful. You're not fat, you're actually really skinny and it's not even healthy." I said it bracingly so she'd understand that I was serious, but she was drunk. She didn't really understand anything that was happening around her.

Instead of trying to convince her, because I knew nothing would work, I just tried to get the damn dress off. I knew that trying from the front wasn't going to work. It had already ridden all the way up to the start of her bra - making my heart race - but it wasn't going to budge over her chest. Maybe I could pull it up over her head from the back, then I wouldn't need to go over her chest.

When I went to her backside, I smacked my forehead. I was such an idiot. There was a zipper, dammit. How could I be so stupid? All this time I had spent on trying to get it off of her, and now.... I was done with this stupid dress. I had to shimmy it back down her now so that I could unzip her. Her tears being forgotten, she giggled when my hands grazed her sides while I pulled down the dress, and she squealed when I passed her butt. I guess she was ticklish.

She fell back against me, making it impossible for me to pull down the dress anymore unless I wanted my hands to be resting on her butt. She threw her head back on my shoulder and started laughing uncontrollably.

"What's so funny?" I asked, smiling and trying to play along with her. She looked really cute drunk, that is, after the vomiting-crying stage.

"You're really cute, Mikey, you know that?" She giggled some more then turned her head so that she was looking straight at me. I hadn't noticed yet though. My head was turned to face the same direction that hers was. I thought I'd heard someone coming down the stairs. I must have been wrong because no one came down. Must have just been Calum or Luke going to the bathroom.

I was distracted when I said, "I'm...cute...yeah." Then I realized what she just said and I turned to her. "Wait I'm what-" I stopped when I saw that our faces were less than an inch apart. Her eyes were shining. She was far away from me, but she was there with me. She was as drunk as ever, but she was more sober than she had been the whole night.

Suddenly she was kissing me, slowly and savoring. Then she was frustrated, trying to pull my shirt off and get me on the couch. I started laughing. "Woah there, horsey. Slow down." I had almost forgotten that she was still drunk. My head was spinning. She just kissed me. But no, I thought sadly, this isn't really her. She's going to forget all of this in the morning. My forehead was resting against hers and my breathing rate had increased ten-fold.

I had almost let her take me to the couch. And then the rest was left to my own imagination, but she would think that I'd taken advantage of her. I couldn't let her think that. I liked her way too much. I made up my mind: I'd let her take my bed and I'd sleep on the couch. Then tomorrow I'd tell her everything. And I guessed we'd just see what happened then.