Chapter Ten

Ch. 10

The distance between us was almost nonexistent, as our breaths mingled in the heated air.

His gaze was hot, heavy, lust filled. I wasn't sure that mine wasn't the same.

He leaned towards me, slowly, daringly. I did the same. Just as our lips brushed, I pulled away and pushed him back with effort.

"Well, I think that's enough for one day. Time to, uh...go do something productive."

His face was so shocked I almost laughed out loud. It was a mix of "She just rejected me?!" and "What just happened?"

"I-"

"You should totally invite Blaze and Tristan and Klaus and...Adriana to dinner."

I was hesitant to invite Adri, as I was still mad, but I figured Ryder wouldn't let me be around a whole group of guys. But maybe...

"Mine!"

Or not.

I blew out an annoyed sigh, counting silently in my head with a look of extreme annoyance on my face as he manhandled me by crushing me to him.

"Yes, we've established this. But can we do the dinner thingy?"

"I don't want them around you."

I cut my eyes to his, leaning up to wrap my arms around his neck. "Why? They're like brothers. And I'm just not into girls, so Adri's out."

He stared at me for a few minutes, and I could see him debating.

I used the puppy dog face that Warner always fell for, pouting a bit.

His eyes darkened and he leaned down to gently pull my lip with his teeth. The muscles in the lower part of my belly clenched.

That was so hot.

"Fine," he agreed, his hands slipping down my back to rest just above my butt, tracing marks there with his fingers. I shivered.

"...but only if you share the room with me."

I threw my hands up, backing away.

"I knew it! I knew there was

a catch!"

He watched me bemusedly, not saying a word.

I studied him for a minute, silently taking in the glorious image of his body, pretending to think.

"Fine!"

I wasn't sure if I was referring to his body or his compromise, because let me tell you, his body was fine.

He smiled then. A real smile. The first smile I'd seen on him. It was breathtaking. He was truly the most handsome guy I'd ever seen.

I suddenly remembered who he was. He was an Alpha. Not only an Alpha, but THE Alpha of the Northeast. An Alpha with countless numbers of packs immersed into his.

Dear god. How could I forget who I was dealing with? And what he had tried to do to my pack? I had kissed him, for gods sake!

I had to get away from him.

"So now that we've gotten that out of the way, how about we-"

He was stepping closer to me as he spoke, until I placed my hand on his chest to halt him.

"I don't feel too well."

"What's wrong, baby?"

His eyes ran over my form, searchingly, as his hand came up to cup my chin. I stepped out of his grasp. I didn't want him touching me.