Chapter Thirteen

"I want to do something," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Go do something then," Ryder muttered, shuffling through some papers on his desk.

"I want to train, I'm getting slack."

"Good luck finding someone to train with you," Ryder replied, glancing at something on his laptop.

"Ryder, I am not going to leave until you get someone to train with me."

Sighing, he finally glanced up, a lock of hair falling into his eyes. My hand twitched to smooth it back into place.

"The only person you'll ever be training with is me, and I'm busy, Astoria."

"But-"

"No."

"Can't I-"

"Not a chance."

"I want to-"

"Nope."

"UGH!" I threw my hands up in annoyance, before stomping out of his office. I was aware I was acting childlike, but I'd spent the entire week holed up in this house and I wasn't allowed outside without an escort.

I made my way towards the kitchen, stopping when I heard voices.

"I know, I'm working on it......Fine, I will........Breach the boundaries, okay?.......Bye."

I walked in on Devon just in time to see him slip his iPhone into his jeans pocket. He jumped slightly as he saw me.

"Oh, hey Astoria."

"Devon, do you love me?" I asked, ignoring his greeting and getting straight to the point.

His face morphed into one of shock.

"Uh, no offense, Astoria, but I barely know you."

"DevonWillYouPrettyPleaseWithACherryOnTopTakeMeOutsideAndTrainWithMe?" I rushed out, throwing my hands together in a praying position.

"You want to train? Why?"

"Because I was my last pack's warrior, and I still don't want to get lazy and unfit. I've gained, like, 20 pounds since I got here."

Devon shook his head. "Believe me, you have not gained 20 pounds."

I shrugged it off.

"Please, Devon?"

He sighed, glancing outside for a moment, before turning back to me.

"Fine."

- - -

"Unfit, my ass," Devon puffed, circling in time with me.

"Your ass is unfit?" I asked, panting as well.

We had been heavy sparring for about thirty minutes now, in the humid, hot air. For some reason, though it was usually cool and rainy here, it decided to be hell reincarnate.

"Apparently," Devon replied, mocking lunging.

I danced back, before blocking a punch from Devon with my forearm. I countered by doing a sweep with my leg, which he nimbly avoided.

"We-" I paused to gasp in a breath, "should probably call it a truce sometime soon, unless you can beat me."

"I plan on it," Devon muttered, before lunging at me. I dodged, but he caught my ankle, pulling me down. I struggled against him, lashing out with my left foot and snagging him right in the jaw.

He cursed, before pinning my legs down with his knees, and using his hands to pin down my thrashing arms.

"You're like a damn octopus," I muttered, blowing hair out of my eyes beneath him.

His face scrunched up in a disgusted look. "No, I'm definitely a shark."

"Octopus."

"Shark."

"Octopus."

"Shark!"

"Octopus."

"How am I a freaking octopus?" he yelled, throwing up his hands in earnest.

I suddenly kneed him in the stomach, and flipped him over so that I was straddling his midsection, feet locked aroung his head.

I wasn't about to tell him that him being an octopus was related to his hands being everywhere, some limb always pinning me down. So I improvised.

"You are an octopus, because they are squishy and slow, like you."

"Msohd Ousdus Olmphhg," he protested from beneath my legs.

"Oh, don't be such an octopussy."

Suddenly, the door slammed with a bang and I hurriedly glanced upwards and scrambled off Devon, but held out a hand to help him up.

Ryder looked angry. Not as angry as the fight incident, but more I'll-bite-your-head-off-if-you-cross-me angry.

"Devon, leave. I'll deal with you later."

And Devon left, head down, but eyes glowing with anger. Was he mad at me for getting him into this predicament?

"Astoria Selene Marie Huntington."

The sound of my full name coming out of his lips gave me two major emotions. One, take cover and arm yourselves. Two, god that was sort of kinky.

"Yes?" I asked, weakly.

"What did I tell you earlier?"

"To not train?" I mumbled.

"And what did you do?"

"Trained."

"So, what should I do to you since you knowingly went behind my back and did what I told you not to?"

I swallowed, throat suddenly dry. Maybe...

"You could fight me. If I win, I don't get punished. And if you win, then..." I trailed off, suddenly not liking this idea as much as before.

"Then you get punished," Ryder finished, a strange look in his eyes.

"So you'll fight me then?" I asked.

"Of course. I'll make this quick though, I still have paper work to do back in my office."

My blood boiled at his thoughts. He thought I was an easy knockout? That I was weak?

"I'm sorry to inconvenience you," I bit out, eyes narrowed.

"No, but you will be."

It didn't seem fair that I had just sparred with Devon, and now had to fight Ryder. I was tired, and majorly needed a shower, I thought, as I pushed a sweaty piece of hair off my shoulder.

"Let's go," I said instead of protesting.

Ryder studied me for a bit, before turning and heading towards the door.

"Tomorrow we'll fight. And, Astoria? If I ever see you on top of Devon like that again, I'll rip him to shreds, Beta or not."

- - -

Gosh guys. It's been so long, and this is such a short chapter. My Wattpad has been wacky, and wouldn't let me log on. Finally, it got fixed by Wattpad service. Love you guys!